What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (3 Viewers)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Reivers.jpg

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Just got my Kings of the Sun BD and. unlike DVDBeaver's review, I think it looks really great, especially in motion, and is so much better than the French BD (which was significantly softer). About the only new release I'd be interested in is The Front Page, but you can't make everyone happy.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Ed Lachmann said:
Just got my Kings of the Sun BD and. unlike DVDBeaver's review, I think it looks really great, especially in motion, and is so much better than the French BD (which was significantly softer). About the only new release I'd be interested in is The Front Page, but you can't make everyone happy.

It's good to read something positive about this title. It's one I like, but was holding off because of the pretty negative comments about PQ.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Dr Griffin said:
It's good to read something positive about this title. It's one I like, but was holding off because of the pretty negative comments about PQ.

It's mostly great, but there's a segment near the end that seems to have the colors not lined up right, either an error made when the HD master was made or baked into the print they used.

SeanAx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean Axmaker
Sergio Sollima's "Face to Face" may the greatest spaghetti western that has never received an American disc release. Until now. Looking forward to this. My only previous viewing was from an import DVD many years ago.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
I have many of Kino's releases, and I think they do a crackerjack job. Some pretty good films above, though some real losers like The Revengers and The January Man, though somebody must like those. Between Kino and Olive and Warner Archive lately its an expensive summer so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks