What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
haineshisway said:
So, are there any reports on recent titles? There are some I'm interested in, but would really like to hear comments. Mrs. Campbell and Woman of Straw especially.

Woman Of Straw looked nice to my eye. It's not going to knock your socks off visually but if you're interested in the film (assuming you've seen it) then you should be pleased.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Thomas T said:
Woman Of Straw looked nice to my eye. It's not going to knock your socks off visually but if you're interested in the film (assuming you've seen it) then you should be pleased.
I saw it at a sneak preview at the Pix Theater in Hollywood. It wasn't a great movie, but I kind of enjoyed it and would like to see it, so I guess I'll pop for it.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Just announced on another forum by KLSC (no release date yet):

Modern Girls (1986)

Starring Virginia Madsen, Daphne Zuniga, Cynthia Gibb, Clayton Rohner and Rick Overton

Directed by Jerry Kramer

Featuring the music of Depeche Mode, Icehouse, Toni Basil, The Call, Chris Isaak, Club Nouveau and others.

Modern-Girls-Poster.jpg

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Really, the best place now to look for new announcements now is their Facebook page. Blu-ray.com also has an active Kino rep though he generally just limits himself to the same announcements (sometimes a bit earlier)

Also, not sure if it's too soon, but is HTF currently negotiating to bring either the old or a new Kino rep for another dedicated thread?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
JoHud said:
Also, not sure if it's too soon, but is HTF currently negotiating to bring either the old or a new Kino rep for another dedicated thread?

Old/current rep? No, we are confident that will not happen.

New? That's an interesting idea we might consider.

However, as requested, this is now a closed discussion matter for obvious reasons.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
A whole bunch of Kino titles are up for pre-order ,. Deranged, Miracle Mile, Madhouse, Black Sabbath , House of 1000 Dolls , Prime Cut, Rush, ETC

Even though Amazon has them for 29.95 the price drops after a few days or weeks and winds up at 17.99 :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
does anyone know if Kino has reverse art for their releases?

I would rather have the original poster art over this:

c2.jpg

c21.jpg

Better

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Kino did use the poster art for this release.

What you posted with the muscle-bound Melanie Griffith is the UK release of the film which was distributed by 20th Century Fox.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
David Steigman said:
Kino did use the poster art for this release.

What you posted with the muscle-bound Melanie Griffith is the UK release of the film which was distributed by 20th Century Fox.

Indeed.

Attachments

• cherry_2000_WA00052_L.jpg
    cherry_2000_WA00052_L.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 149

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Their Facebook page just announced the October release of I Want To Live (1958) and Lilies Of The Field (1963) on DVD only which indicate the blu rights are with someone else. I would assume Twilight Time so hopefully they will be making their blu debut soon. Both films are non anamorphic on their R1 DVDs.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'll be watching the blu-ray of Invitation to a Gunfighter this weekend. I have not seen this film since a television showing back in the 1970s so this should be a revelation.

Invitation to a Gunfighter.jpg

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Nice blog, Peter. And well said. A very special Corman film, with a screenplay containing passages by Ray Russell and Robert Dillon that rank as sheer poetry in comparison with the norm...then or now.

And another first seen by me upon its release at the wonderful Gateway Theatre -- within a week or two of devouring the paperback novelization. I was passionate about these films in the day, and the new Kino/Shout/Arrow Blu-ray releases are as rewarding and satisfying as one could ask.

From the bookshelf...

Attachments

• X.jpg
    X.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 153

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
They were wonderful. This one's Kino, too, so... here's the one that got me started. (I was late to the party; I didn't catch up with the first two Poe releases until after I'd seen this one.)

Attachments

• PB.jpg
    PB.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks