What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (4 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
WINTER WONDERLAND 2022 Sale is LIVE NOW! (Over 800 Titles)
https://www.kinolorber.com/collection/winter-wonderland-2022

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
SALE Ends: Monday, December 19th!

WW 1.jpg

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I’m still in the process of alphabetizing and shelving the discs accumulated from all the recent sales, but Kino’s expansive list of titles with these sales sure turn many a “do I really need this?” into a “why not?”.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I’m still in the process of alphabetizing and shelving the discs accumulated from all the recent sales, but Kino’s expansive list of titles with these sales sure turn many a “do I really need this?” into a “why not?”.

Hahaha... definitely know whatcha mean. I was supposed to transition some of my purchases/collecting to digital to conserve space and better organize my (arguably too large... and of course, still growing) collection, but these Kino sales (plus the occasional Powerhouse/Indicator UK import ones that thankfully shouldn't entice me quite as much going forward) certainly seem to throw a huge batch of monkey wrenches into my plans, LOL. And I was just about to finally order some much needed, reasonably affordable storage cabinets to handle my existing collection (for my currently very limited apt space) as is... :P

I may need to sit out on this particular sale (at least for the most part)... but will have to see -- maybe I'll just put a strict limit on myself to stay w/in 5-10 titles for $50-100 order, just enough for free shipping for a small batch of my "most wanted" and not veer off towards any completely blind buys (as I typically do), LOL... :lol:

_Man_

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
WINTER WONDERLAND 2022 Sale is LIVE NOW! (Over 800 Titles)
https://www.kinolorber.com/collection/winter-wonderland-2022

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
SALE Ends: Monday, December 19th!
It would really be great if your sales listings included the filters by Genre, Country, Decade etc. that are available in your general catalog listings. In all honesty, having to scroll through neatly 900 items on 38 pages (in grid view) to find things of personal interest is a real disincentive. And I'm speaking as a regular customer of yours for over two decades.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It would really be great if your sales listings included the filters by Genre, Country, Decade etc. that are available in your general catalog listings. In all honesty, having to scroll through neatly 900 items on 38 pages (in grid view) to find things of personal interest is a real disincentive. And I'm speaking as a regular customer of yours for over two decades.
I agree. This has discouraged me on a number of occasions that I cannot filter the "sale" listings. I end up not looking and not buying.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I just put titles I want or that sound interesting in my Wish List - a quick look at that shows what's on sale or not.

The biggest issue with the Wish List is the titles don't have a link to their listing so if you want to refresh your memory on one it's a bit of a pain.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I recently purchased Kino's The Daydreamer release and loved it (brought back many memories from when I saw it as a kid). I wonder if Kino would be able acquire the rights to release The Wacky World of Mother Goose. It was released by Anchor Bay on VHS and DVD on March 4th 2003 which is long out of print and fetches high prices on Ebay. Given the great job they did with The Daydreamer, I would love to see Kino release it on DVD and Blu-Ray!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Well that 3rd Season of Night Gallery, just as loaded as the 2 prior releases, Has me wondering what is coming next from KL in the way of TV series from that most recent deal, I know that the KLI stated that they have 2 series.... so the question is what, a fan favorite, a genre title, an anthology. ;)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Could anyone check something for me please in the Kino release of The Holly and the Ivy?
When I listen to the Studio Canal UK release with headphones, there are crackles all over the film.
Eg. a spot is at 17.20'' when Richardson says "You know, I always wanted to go to South America".
Is it the same in the audio of the Kino release?
I'd appreciate the help.
(When I listen to the blu-ray from my speakers I don't hear it much)

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Could anyone check something for me please in the Kino release of The Holly and the Ivy?
When I listen to the Studio Canal UK release with headphones, there are crackles all over the film.
Eg. a spot is at 17.20'' when Richardson says "You know, I always wanted to go to South America".
Is it the same in the audio of the Kino release?
I'd appreciate the help.
(When I listen to the blu-ray from my speakers I don't hear it much)
I just listened to this passage using my headphones and didn't hear anything unusual. It sounded fine.
---------------

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
So "Secret of the Incas" was released in 1954 and was pre Vista Vision. KINO is releasing it at 1.85. Is this correct as apposed to 1:66 ? I think there was a big discussion about this somewhere as it was previously at 1:33 on VHS and DVD which was thought to be incorrect..

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I recently purchased Kino's The Daydreamer release and loved it (brought back many memories from when I saw it as a kid). I wonder if Kino would be able acquire the rights to release The Wacky World of Mother Goose. It was released by Anchor Bay on VHS and DVD on March 4th 2003 which is long out of print and fetches high prices on Ebay. Given the great job they did with The Daydreamer, I would love to see Kino release it on DVD and Blu-Ray!
I have both of those on Anchor Bay DVD which like the Blu Ray of The Daydreamer are in an incorrect Fullscreen ratio which is likely an old master since its zoomed in. This is probably all that is available and since its zoomed in a correct widescreen transfer can't be made. The same thing happened with the 1st two Charlie Brown movies. Same goes for the Blu Ray of Mad Monster Party. I bought Mad Monster Party and was hugely disappointed in it. Daydreamer would have been an instant purchase if it was the correct 1.85:1 ratio but since it wasn't I passed. I would also instantly purchase Wacky World of Mother Goose in the correct widescreen ratio. I don't think Daydreamer sold well its always on sale, probably because of the lack of widescreen. Because of that I doubt we will see Wacky World.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I have both of those on Anchor Bay DVD which like the Blu Ray of The Daydreamer are in an incorrect Fullscreen ratio which is likely an old master since its zoomed in. This is probably all that is available and since its zoomed in a correct widescreen transfer can't be made. The same thing happened with the 1st two Charlie Brown movies. Same goes for the Blu Ray of Mad Monster Party. I bought Mad Monster Party and was hugely disappointed in it. Daydreamer would have been an instant purchase if it was the correct 1.85:1 ratio but since it wasn't I passed. I would also instantly purchase Wacky World of Mother Goose in the correct widescreen ratio. I don't think Daydreamer sold well its always on sale, probably because of the lack of widescreen. Because of that I doubt we will see Wacky World.

Randy, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I was not aware of the incorrect aspect ratio issues with The Daydreamer and The Wacky World of Mother Goose.

Do you know if Willy McBean and his Magic Machine was ever released on home media?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Randy, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I was not aware of the incorrect aspect ratio issues with The Daydreamer and The Wacky World of Mother Goose.

Do you know if Willy McBean and his Magic Machine was ever released on home media?
I don't believe Willy McBean has ever been released even on VHS. I haven't seen it since the mid 70's would love to have it. Its hard to tell who owns the rights.

Update: It looks like a small label did release it on VHS according to Amazon back in 1992 but long out of print.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amaris
Recent bookmarks