What's new

Your Show of Shows coming out on DVD by Shout on 8/14/2018...details to follow. (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Just spotted this great news from the TV DVD site as Your Show of Shows is going to get a respectable DVD release by the folks at Shout Factory come August 14, 2018 and here is the link and the details on the set and cover art below.

Might be in for this:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Shows-Sid-Caesar-The-Works/24146

SidCaesar_TheWorks.jpg

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Interesting. It says it will include the compilation film "Ten From Your Show Of Shows," as well as "celebrated" sketches from that series as well as "Caesar's Hour." But apparently not complete shows.

Didn't something like this come out years ago? A set of skits, not in the form of complete shows, on multiple discs. I don't remember what it cost but I remember it was out of my price range at the time.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Interesting. It says it will include the compilation film "Ten From Your Show Of Shows," as well as "celebrated" sketches from that series as well as "Caesar's Hour." But apparently not complete shows.

Didn't something like this come out years ago? A set of skits, not in the form of complete shows, on multiple discs. I don't remember what it cost but I remember it was out of my price range at the time.
Yes, there was the Sid Caesar Collection, a 3 disc set that came out in 2000, followed by Sid Caesar Collection: Fan Favorites and Sid Caesar Collection: Buried Treasures in 2004. Hail Sid Caesar! The Golden Age of Comedy was a documentary narrated by Rob Reiner that came out in 2002. There may have been others, but those are what I know of. All of them were sketches, and not complete shows.

41F57BT6DSL._SX342_.jpg
MV5BMzQxODAwNTA4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTU5OTQ5._V1_.jpg

The-Sid-Caesar-Collection-Buried-Treasures-Box.jpg
MV5BMTY5NjE0MDE2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDAyMjY5._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I notice that this new DVD will include excerpts from Caesar's Writers. That is available on DVD in its entirety, and I highly recommend it. The telling by Carl Reiner of The Cumbersome Diamond sketch alone is worth the price! I laugh just thinking about it.

61eOSIXcTKL._SL1084_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks