Your settings for Hitachi 43FDX01B and ? on AVIA

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luc, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Luc

Luc Stunt Coordinator

Well, after using AVIA, I think I'm more confuse about correct settings more than before. I don't like the result of the AVIA calibration on my set but then again, I might need to take more time to go over it again.
    For those who calibrated this set with AVIA, how did you handle some of the levels? For contrast, the given vertical bar never got distorted even at max contrast setting. For color, the set don't have the individual blue, red and green adjustment (or I can't find it), and for sharpness, I have a problem finding the right sharpness.
    For those of you who have this set, what is your setting after using AVIA or what are your preference settings. I know it depends on preference and your viewing environment but I'm still curious to know.

2. Luc

Luc Stunt Coordinator

I remember that when I was purchasing this set almost a year ago, many of you own this set stepped out and recommended it. So I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

3. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Luc,
    For the contrast adjustment, use the pattern with the stacked boxes with white on top. Turn contrast down until the top box is noticeably gray, then back up until it just turns white. This should be a contrast setting in the neighborhood of 23-30%
    For color, listen carefully to the audio instructions on the avia disc. You only need the color and tint controls for this. After calibrating the set's color and tint according to the narration on the disc, go back to one of the parts of the disc that has one of the 2 guys on the screen, and turn color down more until his face looks natural.
    The voice-over instructions on the disc are pretty comprehensive--listen to them several times until you understand them and you should be ok.
    ------------------
    Steve S.
    I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.