What's new

Your reccomendations for good hosting service (1 Viewer)

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
My wife makes layouts and graphics sets as a hobby. She wants her own domain so that she's not as restricted on content and bandwidth. Before we take the step of getting a server, we were going to try getting the doamin and having someone else host it for a year. Do you all have any reccomendations for a reputable company that does this? We've gone to a few of the ratings forums, but it seems that each forum has a different site it loves, and trashes the rest. And we're a little gun-shy about getting hosting from overseas, since it's a lot harder to get your money back should the worst happen. Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Been asked before, and I recommended lunarpages.com

Hard to find a bad review about them.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm very happy with dreamhost.com. I used to colocate a machine with an ISP, but dreamhost is cheaper, and I don't have to maintain the system.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I have been using Surpasshosting.com for a little over a year now and have been very happy with them. Im not sure how much bandwidth and extras your looking for but they offer a good variety.

DO NOT USE INFLUXHOST.COM
Horrible company and lots of down time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks