What's new

Your Peter Pan Stories (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
In case you didn't know, Disney's boy who never grows up will be 50 on Wednesday, February 5th, 2003. To celebrate, I'm puting together a little 50th Anniversary web site for this gem of a movie. As part of this, I'd like to do a sort of fan commentary - basically, a collection and doccumentation of memories and reflections regarding the movie and its meaning to the fans and the effect it has had upon our lives. So, please tell your personal Peter Pan story; post your thoughts and memories associated with the film in this thread, and I may use them in the web site. If I use yours, you will be credited by whatever username you use to post the comments with.

Thanks!

Standard disclaimer: While all comments are appriciated, I will not use all of the comments recieved on the web site. Since I am posting this in several forums, I expect a big number of responses, and cannot possibly include every response on the web site. I will pick the ones I personally think are the best and/or most interesting to use. Do NOT complain if yours is not published! Thank you.

Also, I reserve the right to edit any I decide to use so that the spelling and grammar are correct (example: if Hook is spelled Hooc, it will be corrected.) I will only edit submissions if I feel it is nessesary and will not change the meaning of thm. Also, in some incidences I may not decide to include the entire comment; sometimes 100% will be included and sometimes I will select portions. If your comment is selected, please do not complain regarding any omissions I make to it.

A few basic rules: Peter Pan is a movie for both children and adults. Please remembeer this when you are writing your comments and make them appropriate for all ages to read. If your comments are inappropriate, they will either be edited for removal of the crudity or automatically disregarded from elligibility for posting on the web site. Also, if the username you choose to post them under is inappropriate and your comments are chosen for use, you will automatically be credited as Anonymous.)

Thank you for reading this disclaimer. Have fun in telling your special Peter Pan story, and thanks for perticipating. If you are interested in viewing the web site, check back here soon; I will post in this thread when the site is launched.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
In case you didn't know, Disney's boy who never grows up will be 50 on Wednesday
Not to fart on your thread, but he's not Disney's. And he's a heck of a lot older than 50, in fact he'll be 100 next year having first appearing in a play in 1904. The novel, which is also by JM Barrie exhibits a Peter totally different from the cleaned up Disney version.

You can read the novel here

http://www.literatureproject.com/peter-pan/

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Not to fart on your thread, but he's not Disney's. And he's a heck of a lot older than 50, in fact he'll be 100 next year having first appearing in a play in 1904.
Not to fart on your fart :D , but if you must split hairs he didn't say Peter Pan, he said "Disney's Peter Pan." No different from saying "MGM's Wizard of Oz" or "Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes."

I'll give you a story, Jake. Back in 1974, when I was 8 or 9, I went to see Peter Pan at the Federal Way Twin Cinemas in Federal Way, Washington. It was a tiny little suburban, second-run theater, the only theater in my town. I'd had the soundtrack album for a long time, and had seen the movie a week or two before.

One Saturday I went to see it again. This was back in the days when you could stay for as many showings of a movie as you wanted without paying again, as long as you didn't leave the theater. So, after the movie was over, I called my mom on the payphone in the lobby and asked if I could stay for a second showing. She said okay, and when that one was over I called again and asked if I could stay for a THIRD showing!

"Do you really want to watch it again?" she asked.

"Yes. Please?" I begged. See, in the days prior to home video, if you didn't catch a movie in the theater, you had no idea when you'd be able to see it again. And I knew they didn't show the big Disney classics on television.

So I sat there for about five hours and watched Peter Pan three times in a row. I vaguely recall considering calling again to ask to sit through a fourth show, but it was getting to be dinnertime, so I figured my mother would say no.

I remember I was totally mesmerized by the "You Can Fly" number. It was a big fantasy of mine as a kid to be able to fly, and I was absolutely enthralled by it. In fact, I think I cried at one of the showings that day, moved to tears at the joy in that sequence. Couldn't get enough of that film.

As an adult, it's no longer my favorite Disney movie (Cinderella is, which was also Walt's favorite, I hear), but it's way up there.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Yeah, but disney's Peter Pan isnt really all that true to the original book. Hook is more true to the book actually, a lot of the little details.

Weren't they making another Peter Pan, which would be true to the book? I swear I heard about it, Jason Issacs was gonna play Capt. Hook. Whats up with that movie?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yes, by saying "Disney's" I meant the Disney version specifically.

Thanks for the story Brian W. I'm going to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks