What's new

Your opinions on this subwoofer kit please........... (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Although I am quite handy with tools, I don't think I could build one as good as this one for my 12" Dayton DVC. Anybody have any experience with this cabinet from Parts Express? Any other suggestions appreciated. I think I just might treat myself to an early Christmas present!! Thanks a lot.

Steve

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd..._ID=9385&DID=7

Can somebody hot link this for me?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

For about $20 more you can get a subwoofer enclosure with a black textured finish. The only downside is that you'd have to handle cutting out the woofer hole yourself.

If you're interested, check out part# 302-820.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Do you think they are the same cabinet? One says that it weighs 70 pounds, while the other says 45 pounds.

Steve

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
The unfinished cabinet is 1" MDF vs. only 3/4" MDF for the finished cabinet. The 1" MDF cabinet will be more rigid but it may not be necessary. It's up to you as to which cabinet you'd prefer.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
I think I'll have to go with the 1" cabinet. Not because it may be more rigid, but because the cabinet is unfinished, and I can paint it pink;)

For me, I think by purchasing that cabinet is the way to go. Have a PE 250 Watt plate amp that needs a home like the 12"DVC. I think we have a pretty good sub in the making.

Thanks Brian.

Steve

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I built a sub using the cabinet you linked to, Steve. In fact, it was the first sub I ever built! It's a rock solid cabinet and was pretty easy to put together. The one I built first held a Dayton DVC 12" and the now has an Eminence LAB 12. Both have provided great results.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Dan: That is good to hear. I am curious what the Eminence LAB 12 is. Where can I read up on this driver, just in case I feel I need two subs??!!!!!

Steve

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

That is another major benefit. You can finish it however you want. :)

The Eminence LAB 12 driver is also available from PE. Just do a search for it on their website.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Steve,

The LAB 12 is a driver that was designed by Eminence specifically for a folded horn design. While a good driver in it's own right, for the application you have and cabinet you'll be using the DVC 12" would be a better option. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks