What's new

Your ONE Most Favorite Film of All Time? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It's so much my favorite it's my favorite twice.

Actually the other one should be

On Borrowed Time

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
My choice for All Time Favorite would have to be the original MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE. Apart from regular home viewings, I've seen it several times on the big screen, starting with its first release, and there are always moments that feel like the air has been sucked out of the theater. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, with Angela Lansbury's Mother From Hell standing as one of the best performances I've ever seen. Close Runners Up would be SINGIN' IN THE RAIN (Best Musical) and WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION (Most Constantly Delightful).

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
The only films I revisit on a regular basis are 'Alien', 'Singin in the Rain', and 'Apocalypse Now'. The fact that I have actually sought out theater showings of 'Alien' over the years probably means that it tops my list. A BR of 'Alien' would make my decade.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Surprised I hadn't posted in this thread back during the '06 period. There are at least five or six films that I could list as my "one favorite". Today, that one would be The English Patient.

- Walter.

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Part of me feels disappointed at having such a conventional favorite, but there really is no contest for me...

Casablanca.

The truly perfect screenplay, the performances, the camera work, the music. Ilsa's entrance into Rick's, As Time Goes By, "Are my eyes really brown?", "Your winnings, sir", La Marseillaise vs. Die Wacht am Rhein, and what an ending... I could literally list every line and scene in the film as a favorite. There isn't a better way to spend 100 minutes.

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
I would have to say "The Birds." I first saw it as a kid (on an ancient b/w upright console tv with a small screen) and it scared the bejesus out of me-it seemed plausible unlike most horror movies. I was scarred for life regarding birds. I've seen it countless times since but I still stop if I run across it on tv. To this day too many birds in one place makes me nervous. A few years back I was walking my dog when a red winged blackbird started dive bombing my head from behind. Since the sun was at my back I saw big bird shadows on the ground in front of me as it swooped down. I just about died. Turns out it was baby season for that type of bird and similar "attacks" were commented on in the Chicago Tribune-those birds are very territorial & will chase you for up to 100 feet according to the story. Anyway, that's my choice for today-please pardon my bird ranting. On another day my selection might be "Some Like it Hot," "The Godfather," "Singin' in the Rain," "Sunset Boulevard," "Shadow of a Doubt," "Double Indemnity" or "Meet Me in St. Louis" or even "Gone With the Wind." I've seen all of them in a real movie theatre too.

Steelheart1948

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin
Casablanca - It gets to me every time I see it.

Second place - Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Third place - Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Fourth place - The Maltese Falcon

The Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind...I can't choose one over the other (although Oz was the film that began my wonderful journey into the love of cinema.)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Since 1957, BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI has been, and I suspect will always remain, my most cherished movie ever. I hope Sony gets this out on Blu-ray rea-l-l-l soon.

jimmyf

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Don't think anything will ever beat City Of God in my book. The only subtitled movie that I've ever been so engrossed in that I was able to subconsciously forget that I was watching it in subtitles. I think it would still be in my top 5 just watching it in straight Portugese with no subtitles and having no clue what they were saying. My top 5 change sporadically every now and again, but this one is always at the top consistently. Only thing else that would ever come close is Heat, which in my opinion is the perfect action movie. I'd gladly shell out $100 for it if it would EVER come out on Blu Ray.

First Post!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Pulp Fiction gets my vote. There are a half dozen or so movies on my all time favorites list which I will never grow tired of, and Pulp Fiction is on the top.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Tough question for a film junkie.

Ummmm....

Rocky. The ultimate down and out to the top of the world story.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
About 5 years or so ago a former htf member hosted a showing on a screen in Jersey.
I wasn't a fan of then screen because it was curved and it distorted the edges but it was still fun to see it on a ig screen again as I was lucky enough to see it on it's original run and I did believe a man could fly.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Coolidge Corner Theatre in Brookline, MA had a screening in May 2008 that I had tickets to. Unfortunately, they moved up the date by a week and I was out of the country for the new date.

shureman

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Powley
The Queen of Spades (U.K., 1949) Great cast, atmosphere, photography, music and script.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks