What's new

Your Music.com - CD's at $5.99 per disc (1 Viewer)

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Recently I was perusing the IMDB site when one of the banner ads caught my interest. It was for a site called yourmusic.com and they sell all their CDs for $5.99 per disc. The only thing I don't care for is that you have to form a queue for their automatic shipment each month, and they will bill you $5.99 even if you don't have any discs in your queue. You can only add single-disc sets to your queue, but you can order multi-disc sets by placing them directly in your cart. Each single CD is $5.99, and each disc in a multi-disc set is also $5.99. Those prices include shipping costs, so there are no unpleasant surprises when you order.

I just joined last week and received my first selections the other day, and I'm quite pleased with the quality of the recordings. My guess is that they're affiliated with either BMG or Columbia House, but obviously they operate differently.

I have about a dozen or so titles in my queue (which I can rearrange at any time), and each month they ship you the top title in your queue. I haven't looked carefully, but I don't believe they carry SACD or DVD-A, but $5.99 per disc for regular CDs is certainly a good price. I've provided a link to their website below. Enjoy!

Your Music.com

Steve K.

James D

Second Unit
This is a BMG club. They also have plenty of CD/DVD combos. Just type in DVD in the search box for a complete list. A couple of weeks ago, there was a link floating around for $4.99 CDs. The multi-disc sets were also cheaper. Unfortunately, the link is now dead and I missed out on it. I'm eagerly awaiting for a new $4.99 link to join since I'm a deadbeat.:)

SteveK

Supporting Actor
James - Please post that link here if you happen to see it "live" again. $5.99 per CD isn't bad, but obviously $4.99 is even better.

Given the similarity of addresses, I'm not surprised that this is a BMG club. BMG usually has "buy one get three free" specials every month, but this is actually cheaper because you don't pay shipping charges, which are $2.79 per CD. Multiple disc sets may be $2.79 for the first disc and 1.99 for each additional disc, which can add up quickly. Overall, this club is a slightly better deal (which would be even better with the $4.99 link you mentioned).

Steve K.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the link, Glenn. I had overlooked the previous discussion in the music section of the forum (although I debated which section I should post this in). I sent yourmusic.com an e-mail asking if they could change my membership to the $4.99 category, but I doubt they will do it. $5.99 is still a good deal, so I'm not complaining.

Thanks again.

Steve K.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I decided to go for this program. Like most of you I only tend to buy from BMG or Columbia when there's a holiday special. Otherwise, it's just monthly mailings that go into the recycling bin - pretty much a waste of time and paper. This program seems a lot more advantageous for both sides.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I've been a member for the past several months, and so far I'm quite pleased with their service. Unfortunately, they didn't change my membership to the lower price, but $5.99 per disc is obviously still a very good price. I still have my BMG membership, but I retain it primarily to receive the catalogs so that I can see what's new. Plus, it's fun to compare BMG prices to yourmusic prices, as BMG prices are always higher, even with their monthly specials. I still wish it was possible to add multi-disc titles to the queue rather than only to your cart, but that's only a minor inconvenience. So far, so good.

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks