What's new

Your Music Choices and Why??? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I at least sample every track that is recommended to me. This is how I came to love Pink Floyd, [some] Bon Jovi and The Grateful Dead to name a few. If I like a particular song, that's great, I've found something new. If I don't like it, no permanent harm is done and I move on.

I came to the Grateful Dead the same way. I had a co-worker who was a real deadhead and he kept trying to get me to listen. He smartly began with some of their more accessible stuff. And he started with the most accessible of all (for me because he knew I loved Christmas music) and that was Pigpen's various renditions of Run, Run Rudolph from 1971 shows. Then onto Truckin', Sugar Magnolia, Casey Jones, Uncle John's Band, etc. The whole thing was a pretty long, strange trip for me.

I also was intrigued by the whole culture of allowing recordings to be made of the shows and the sharing of the music. So fascinating.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’m mostly classic rock guy- Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Elton John, Billy Joel, Rush
(Neil Peart passed away 1 year ago today),
Grand Funk Railroad, Genesis, Yes, to name a few. Maybe the most eclectic music likes I have are Renaissance, Loreena McKennitt and October Project
(wonderful female vocalists).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks