What's new

Your movie pet peeve? (1 Viewer)

Brian_J

Second Unit
...when people sit down at a bar or a restaurant and order a full drink or a full meal and then not touch it, then decide to leave. Who does that?
Yeah this is petty. That's why I put it in the After Hours Lounge rather than the Movie Forum.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Bugs me too! :) Another pet peeve: when movie characters with perfect bodies are constantly seen eating fatty foods and drinking alcohol all the time! And they never gain an ounce! Yeah, right!
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

MikeM

Screenwriter
Another pet peeve: when movie characters with perfect bodies are constantly seen eating fatty foods and drinking alcohol all the time! And they never gain an ounce! Yeah, right!
Well, the heroin usually takes the weight off.
wink.gif

Mine always, ALWAYS is the dreadded 555 phone number thing. When you're really into a movie, and someone says, "Yeah, my number is 555..." I always get bummed.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hello Brian, remember me?
wink.gif

The one thing that has always bothered me in films, is when the main charactor turns on the t.v. or radio, and just as he/she turns it on, the news, or information he/she needs is instantly mentioned AS SOON AS THE T.V. OR RADIO IS TURNED ON!
I tell ya, I wish I had that kind of timing!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
The one thing that annoys me beyond belief is when your in the theater and there is about 5 or 6 people there as well and then someone comes in and out of 100 seats available they sit right in front of you
That is why I always bring my chainsaw and lop off their heads.
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
When people are driving in movies, they never, never use their signals.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Actually, a real pet peeve of mine is when a major disaster is happening and people are supposed to be running for their lives away from the thing, but instead, they look like they are taking a casual jog away from it.
Check out Independence Day when the aliens unleash their hell upon the Empire State building, people are running with big items in their hands, taking their time not to trample on anyone else, jogging around cars and other small objects. Same thing in Los Angeles when the fireball is heading towards the tunnel. Please.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
The one that bugs me is when they are in a courtroom and the person on the stand is told to just answer 'yes' or 'no'. For once I'd like to see them reply, but that won't be the whole truth.
Glenn

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Day-for night scenes bug me, it almost always obvious its really day.
Fake rain storms, it rains very heavily, enough for a cow in Kansas to want to get a life-preserver, but its also really sunny.
Speeded up film, it never looks like the boat (or whatever) is going fast, just that the film has been speed up.
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
People who supposedly had wild passionate sex the previous night are very anxious to demurely cover themselves with a sheet the next morning, even when getting out of bed.
------------------

Brian_J

Second Unit
...or how bout when a woman is lying naked in bed and pulls the sheets to cover her from the angle of the camera. It usually looks like a mistake where the sheet slips and they are like...whoops grab it.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
Or how they almost never wear a seatbelt when they drive. That's a real good message to get across.
Henry

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
my biggest movie pet peeve:
In scary movies when the killer is walking and yet is always behind a person running as fast as they can
laugh.gif

...seen alot in 70s horror movies :)
------------------
robpic2.jpg

My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Why, that's the biggest Kahn since Genghis" -Sealab 2021

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
how about when anyone goes through a door they never shut it in a movie or tv.
------------------

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Mine always, ALWAYS is the dreadded 555 phone number thing. When you're really into a movie, and someone says, "Yeah, my number is 555..." I always get bummed.
Believe it or not, only one movie defies this convention: Sneakers.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Matthew_S

Second Unit
I hate it when characters are introduced at the beginning of a movie and it seems unnatural. You know what I mean...it's like two minutes into the movie and there's a little scene where the detective is in his office and somebody yells, "John! Yo, John Smith, you're wife's on the phone" and the detective turns around into his awkward close-up. Ok, we get that his name is John Smith. Isn't there another way to introduce characters? I can't think of any examples, but I've seen it done well a bunch of times...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks