What's new

Your Most Re-Watched DVDs and Blu-Rays (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Many DVD sets I bought, I should have rented, because I've only watched them once. I have had the bulk of my disc collection for more than a decade now, and it's starting to become apparent which sets, among the many hundred I own, are the ones that I come back to again and again--and will continue to re-watch in future years. Here are my top three TV sets. What are yours? 1. My Star Trek collection: TOS, TNG and DS9 get the most reuse, but TOS by far. 2. Twilight Zone definitive collection: In my opinion there has never been a better DVD set, and I'm glad this dream set happens to contain one of my favorite shows of all time. 3. Danger Man: Can you imagine James Bond falling off a roof during a mission, spraining his foot, and limping the rest of the show? John Drake is a REAL man, and that makes him infinitely re-watchable to me. Those are my main three. Other sets I re-watch include The Andy Griffith Show and NFL Films America's Game when I am having football withdrawal (as I am right now).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I really haven't rewatched that many DVDs more than once, due to the vast size of my collection, but I'm considering dusting off my copies of Walker, Texas Ranger and running them through their paces again, since I haven't seen them in awhile. This is one of the best things I like about this Hobby. Re-runs are on your own terms, since after you finish watching a DVD, you get to keep it! :D

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I agree. I bought more than 5000 DVDs in 10+ years, and just in the last year I started noticing the ones I went back to watch again and the ones I didn't. Granted some I am still going through for the first time and absolutely love them (like Adam 12), but I won't know if I end up re-watching that series for some time, since I am only in season four. So while I do watch the vast majority of the DVDs I've bought, it will be many years yet before I see whether series I am still going through for the first time eventually draw me back for reruns.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
My most watched dvds/blurays: - Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner cartoon dvd disks - all 4 seasons dvd sets of the original Knight Rider - the 12 released James Bond blurays (excluding the last two Bond movies).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Buffy is easily my most re-watched; also in my list of re-watched would be Angel, DS9, West Wing. Of films, because I have kids, it's the Disney ones.. which get a hard workout. Though surprisingly, my kids absolute favorite (Treasure Planet) still has no BD release, and because of it's poor box office, I doubt it ever will. Not the greatest Disney film, but my kids love the moments in it, and it has one of the best late-nineties Disney songs... *

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
TV series:

The Closer

Bones

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Movies:

The Wizard of Oz

The House of Fear

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
All seasons of BOSTON LEGAL. THE NEW MAVERICK television movie. BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES Those are the most recent TV programs that I watch.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Interesting topic. I have been battling over a desire to re-buy Battestar Galactica on Blu-ray. I actually missed the original broadcasts on Sci-fi (excuse me, SyFy) but purchased the DVDs and watched them religiously, except for the final season. It's not that I lost interest, I just simply haven't had the time to sit and watch and focus on it. But now I think I can carve out an hour or two and revisit the show, from the beginning, but I kind of feel DVD quality is no longer "desirable" and so I'm considering picking up the Blu-ray version. I've got these box sets sitting around - I think one of the reasons I haven't rewatched the show is a desire to watch it in hi-def. As for other shows I've re-watched, they include: MacGyver - never get tired of old Mac Married...With Children. Never fail to get a good laugh. Sliders. Fun show. The first 3 seasons, at least. I'm preparing to re-immerse myself with all 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1 beginning with MGM's re-cut of the pilot episode. I may also dust off the best cop shows ever, MIAMI VICE. Bottom line, this was and still is a fun hobby and I'll never get tired of my collection.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I suspect that I am not tired of a single DVD in my collection; I just don't think of many of them as currently engaging, until I catch a rerun of one of the shows on TV while flipping channels. Often, that spurs me to dig out the DVDs and watch them with renewed interest--and has led to my theory that I could choose virtually any disc from my mammoth collection, put it in, and enjoy it. A big part of my problem is "out of sight, out of mind."

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
There are a few TV Series and Movies that I break out during certain times of the year. On Martin Luther King Day I'll watch a TV Show that featured a Prominent African-American Star, and watch an Appropiate Movie. (My Sources tell me the 2013 Movie will most likely be Red Tails) :D In the 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl I'll watch Football-Themed Movies such as Gridiron Gang, We are Marshall, Remember the Titans and Red Dawn (A Football Movie in Disguise!) :laugh: At Eastertime I'll watch Ben Hur and The Ten Commandments (The latter I'll time it so I begin watching it the same time ABC Shows theirs, when mine ends there's about 90 minutes to go on ABC's Version, this is due to all the Commercials ABC stuffs into their version). :laugh: I designate April 14 to be "Little (Stinker) Day" and for that occaision I usually break out a Movie that features someone who through mischief or some improbable event get themselves into a situation. Movies include Wargames, D.A.R.Y.L., Space Camp & Airport. (In the latter the Late Helen Hayes is the "Little (Stinker)" :laugh: This year's going to be differant, as you probably know, this year April 14 will mark the 100th Anniversary of a Famous Event, so I'll most watch TV Shows and Movies that deal with this event, including The Time Tunnel, The Twilight Zone and the Grandaddy of them all, the Movie A Night to Remember. On Memorial Day Weekend and Veteren's Day I'll watch War Movies as well as Military-Themed TV Shows such as Combat! and The Rat Patrol. In October I'll break out my "Spooky" TV Shows such as The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, & Thriller among others, and on Halloween after I finish giving Candy to the Neighborhood Kids I'll watch a Movie such as Casper, the Friendly Ghost, Ghostbusters 1 or 2 or Poltergeist. Finally from the Friday after Thanksgiving to December 23 I'll break out my Holiday-Themed Movies and TV Shows to enjoy. On the Friday after Thanksgiving I watch The Polar Express At least one Holiday-themed TV Episode is watched each night, and from December 12 to December 23 it's nothing EXCEPT Christmas TV Shows, Specials and Movies. Ther three last movies I watch are the 1951 A Christmas Carol, the 1947 Miracle on 34th Street and Finally It's a Wonderful Life

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
"1. My Star Trek collection: TOS, TNG and DS9 get the most reuse, but TOS by far." Carabimero, That could almost be my opening line as well. My short list: 1) TOS (as well as the other five Trek series) 2) Dark Shadows (1966-1971 series) 3) Several other shows from the 1960s and early 1970s are watched on a fairly regular basis (e.g., The Outer Limits, Mission: Impossible, The Mod Squad, Room 222, Family Affair, The Fugitive, Gomer Pyle, The Brady Bunch, The Invaders, etc.). Every once and a while I will go through a series again, but these series I watch less frequently. Some of these are Babylon 5, Charmed, Little House On the Prairie, Lost, Monk, Roswell, Sue Thomas F.B.Eye, etc. There are also a few that I watch sporadically (and not systematically), meaning I take an episode or two off the shelf without regard to which season it might be. Some of these are The Herculoids, Jonny Quest, Scooby-Doo Where Are You!, The Waltons, and Walker, Texas Ranger.

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
There really are no movies that I watch over and over. But I have a lot of music that I do. Blue Man group, Rush, Joe Bonamassa, Boston, Diana Krall, several others.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I cannot tell you how many times i have watched Star Trek TOS...on tape, LD, DVD, and now Blu-ray. I never tire of Classic Trek. I always get my money out of whatever format i buy it on. The only other Trek series i watch as much, would be the animated series (TAS). I love TAS almost as much as TOS. It is good for a quick Trek fix. A few other TV series i always go back to... Space:1999 Doctor Who (classic) The X Files (only season 1-5) Airwolf Movies i watch over and over... Blade Runner. I do not know how many times i have seen it over the last 30 years, Hundreds? I bet i have owned this movie more times than i care to think. Alien, and Aliens. Again, hundreds of times. Star Trek II Goldfinger and On Her Majesties Secret Service Halloween The Fog The Thing (1982) Planet of the Apes (1968) I am sure some of our members are not as old as the time i spent watching all this!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd imagine that The Twilight Zone, Twin Peaks or The X-Files are what I've watched the most. Since the advent of current shows coming to DVD, I'll rewatch the previous seasons of a series that I really like before the new one airs so I've watched my Breaking Bad, Lost, Parks And Recreation and 24 DVDs/Blu-rays alot too.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Mostly TV shows: Firefly, Wonderfalls, and Kung Fu (I know, I can't figure it out either). And whenever I need an easy laugh,Galaxy Quest.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
My "fav" TV series on DVD: 1. Star Trek: TOS 2. M*A*S*H 3. Magnum, PI 4. Star Trek: DS9 5. Star Trek: TNG 6. Farscape 7. Stargate SG-1 8. Stargate Atlantis 9. Frasier 10. Firefly (Wish it had lasted longer.) Fav Blu-ray’s : I’m all over the place from Ben-Hur to Star Wars. But I'll pick the Top 5 which I view at least once a year: 1. All Star Trek movies. 2. Eps 4,5,3, and 6 of Star Wars (and in that order) 3. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. 4. Lord of the Rings EE 5. All James Bond movies on Blu

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Since this is the TV on DVD section, I assume the original question was regarding TV shows. In that case, for me, it would have to be: Christmas shows: Rudolph (watched every year in whatever format since 1969) Grinch (every year since it first came out on DVD, before that on TV) Star Trek TNG (I think I'm on my third time through) For movies, it's also the holiday themed (once a year for each): White Christmas Holiday Inn Love,. Actually Plus, of course: Star Wars (original trilogy) Bull Durham (once a year, just before spring training)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks