What's new

Your Latest Acquisition (1 Viewer)

WillKTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Fortune Star's version of "A Bullet in the Head". Hearing poor things about every one of this film's DVD releases, so I suppose I won't be disappointed. For $12, Ill be happy to have the story on disc so that I can avoid the laser disc copy I have with both Cantonese and Mandarin tracks playing simultaneously. Anyone know if this version is as unedited as I will get? I couldn't hold off for the expected Anchor Bay release, but I'm sure it will be cut to shreds anyway regardless of quality DVD presentation.

Criterion's "Vanishing" was the other weekend buy. Looking forward to this title and hope that it very much unlike the remake by what I hear.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I thought Miramax bought the rights to Bullet in the Head? I could have sworn that was one of the titles they were sitting on, like Shaolin Soccer...

Anyway, where'd you find it? I've never seen it, but would love to dig it up!

WillKTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Chris -

Found a copy in a local small chain store. If I see another I'll pick it up for you. Just let me know. Haven't seen this DVD version yet, but I'll post the results some other time. It was more of a saw it, had to pick it up for the collection buy than a must see .. as I have many times already.

Didn't know about Miramax. Could have sworn I've heard online input directed towards an Anchor Bay release. Didn't back up the data with a credible site though. My mistake.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
My lastest purchase was The Adventures of Ford Fairlane. Finally found it in my local WalMart $5 bin.
I remember watching the movie years & years ago and thought it was funny. However, I couldn't make it through the first viewing. Maybe one day I'll give it another shot.
My latest discovery was finally watching LOTR: The Two Towers extended edition that I received for Christmas. It makes the story SO much easier to follow. I now am looking forward to buying the FOTR extended discs. (I must have the deluxe super collectors etc etc gift set to match my TTT).
I also plan on (finally) watching ROTK tommorow at the theater.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I've bought a lot lately, but two that I had never seen before were Where Eagles Dare and Dark City. Both were fantastic films. Where Eagles Dare is a better action spy movie than most anything released today. I watched this just after finishing Band of Brothers, so it was a nice WW2 viewing day. Come to think of it, Band of Brothers was also a recent acquisition. Fantastic series. One of my favorite ever.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

Doug, I suggest you check out the original, titled The Thing From ANother World with James Arness from 1951. Classic!

ChrisV

Second Unit
Three Colours Trilogy I know I'm late to the party on this, but what the hell. Absolutely fantastic! This is how movies should be made. Highly recommended.

Eric C D

Second Unit
Firefly!

The more I see of this, the more I mourn our loss of it, and what it reflects about the masses ability to discern good material. But a quite strong 2nd place finish has to go to the abysmal handling of it by the network.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit

Heh, I'm not a newbie :)

Plenty of movies default to 2.0, but this edition of the Abyss has no other audio but 2.0, although it states on the back it supports 5.1. There is nothing to select from the menus but 2.0, and even on my HTPC using Zoomplayer there is no other option. I just found a discussion on a newsgroup about a batch of "single disk Abyss SEs" (what I have) that don't have 5.1 on them. So back it goes!

- Jack

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Freddy Vs Jason:
Great audio and video. WOW!

Out of Time: Sight unseen for $10 at a hole in the wall used shop. Not too bad.

Swat: Fun flick. Again used for $10

Assault on Precicnt 13. Had to replace the old non anamorphic disc.

Dreamscape: Never seen it but it came with Assault in a 2 pack. picked up both for $15

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
"Blue Collar Comedy Tour-The Movie" -this stars Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White and Larry the Cable Guy. While this really isn't a movie, if you need a REALLY good gut-busting, roll-on-the-floor laugh, you have to see this. My wife and I saw the concert live at a venue here last year, and she bought the disc for me as a sort of "pre-Christmas" gift. Anyway, if you even THINK you like these guys, you'll have to turn the volume up because you won't be able to hear it over all the laughter in the room!

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
My latest is Whipped, bought it blind from the WM cheap rack. Well, tomorrow the list grows again.....

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Your recommendation is what is going to put me over the top on this one, I was interested in it, and I'm a huge Foxworthy fan so now I'll be looking to add this to the collection.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Casey-
Unless you're really jaded to this kind of humor, you'll love it:) When you finish it, you'll have to let me know what you think!

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
I snagged a used copy of the two-disc Punch-Drunk Love at the nearby non-chain video store this past Sunday. Haven't watched it yet, but that's par for the course with most of the stuff I buy. A title bought today might be viewed in four-six months time.

De

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
Night of the Living Dead Millineum Edition. I was going to pick up Freddy V. Jason as a blind buy, but I thought I should watch it first. Now I wish I had bought it because now it's five dollars more :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks