Your Funniest Home Theater Seating Experience

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Stephen Carter, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Stephen Carter

Stephen Carter Auditioning

Hi all. Some time back it occurred to me that one of the most under-appreciated areas of Home Theater was seating. So I set out to help change that. But darned if I didn't pick one of the most under-appreciated areas of Home Theater! Boy, do I have my work cut out for me.

So I have been brainstorming, trying to figure out how to write an article on home theater seating that might actually be entertaining, and one of the ideas that occurred to me was to ask others if they had any funny or unusual anecdotes regarding their own experiences with home theater loungers or movie seats.

Anything you want to share in this thread is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

A few years back, when VHS was still pretty cool, my brother and I headed to the Rec Room to watch a movie. (see, it really was a while ago). Deciding that the experience wouldn't be complete without some popcorn, I poured the oil, dumped in the corn, and plugged in the popper.

A couple of minutes later I delivered a steaming bowl of popcorn to my brother, and set one for myself on the ottoman in front of my seat. I swung a leg over the ottoman, and as I plopped into the chair, managed to catch my heel on the edge of the popcorn bowl.

A fountain of fluffy steaming missiles arced gracefully overhead, nearly scraping the ceiling, and then landed squarely in my brother's lap. There was a moment of stunned silence, then all hilarity broke out.

C.