What's new

Your Favourite E.L.O. Music DVD? (1 Viewer)

punman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dwayne
I just purchased the Electric Light Orchestra Zoom tour DVD.
I quite enjoyed it although I have heard some people did not because it is more Jeff Lynne and not so much original ELO.
What is your favourite concert on DVD that you own or have seen with Electric Light Orchestra?

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Zoom.

I have the Discovery DVD set, but I actually WATCH Zoom from time to time. Amazing audio on that one.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Zoom. No contest. Outstanding performances by all the musicians (and I could look at Rosie all day long).

Only negative about it is the picture quality is a little grainy, especially on cheaper dvd players. A really good player helps a lot on this one.

As for too much Jeff Lynn, ELO pretty much is Jeff Lynn. But the other musicians are first class. The keyboardist is excellent as are the guitar player and drummer. In short, other than the picture quality, there's just nothing not to like about it.

I do have another ELO dvd recorded in the late 70's but it's pretty bad compared to Zoom. You've already got the best.

Curtis Lotter

Stunt Coordinator
And I thought Zoom was the ONLY one. I would love to see that Discovery DVD.

As far as Zoom goes, gotta love the Gallagher lookalike guy in the audience! As already mentioned great sound quality to listen to, something great in Rosie (and the violinist or cellist, can't remember) to look at. Picture quality is so poor though. I must need a LOT better DVD player. I can't imagine this sold very well considering the concert tour was cut short, but how hard could it be to improve the picture quality if they wanted to??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks