What's new

Your favourite BBQ recipes and things to BBQ? (1 Viewer)

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Nothing real fancy. Just a good coating of Paprika and garlic powder, on both sides, rubbed in. Then proceed to sear it from both sides for 5 minutes, to retain the juices. Then cook as desired.
On occasion, I might smoke stuff. Usually add mesquite chips for some flavor. Then, for ribs, I like to use a fairly thick barbeque sauce (still working my way through those), and/or use a water pan filled with water or half water/half beer, and add to it whatever spices I feel like :) Usually some combo similar to what one would use for a brisket.
Mike

Julie K

Screenwriter
Beer can chicken.

Seriously, this is the best way to cook a chicken. It is absolutely delicious.

I have a ceramic beer/chicken holder, but the traditional way is the use just a beer can. Open the can and pour out half the beer (into your mouth is a great place to pour it) and put in a tablespoon or so of whatever rub you use on the chicken. Place chicken butt over beer can. Carefully balance the chicken on the grill over a drip pan and indirectly grill with medium heat for 1-1/2 hours or so. I add apple wood chips for smoking but that's optional.

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Julie, I love those ceramic holders. Besides the chicken holder, I have a couple of little ones for Cornish hens and a big one for turkey.

I fill them with either beer or wine. I add some garlic powder and sometimes a shot of lemon juice, lime juice or orange peel. About 15 minutes before it's done, I'll add some glaze like an orange sauce. It comes out with a nice crispy skin and the flesh is so moist it will melt in your mouth. Mmmmmm.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I was too late in discovering the ceramic chicken holders and they now list the ones for Cornish hens and turkeys on "long term backorder" :frowning:
But the chicken one is really great.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I live for my BBQ. Just bought the Aussie Bonza 4 a couple of months ago. I can cook 15 1/4lb burgers at once on that bad boy and warm the buns on the upper rack at the same time. We BBQ almost every dinner all year long. Or rather, I BBQ the dinner. ;)
My favorite meal: Steak sandwiches. I had one of these at a local fair and just had to emulate it. I buy tri-tip roast from Costco, slice it into thin strips with a meat slicer, and cook them on the grill. I toast a nice, soft hoagie bun alongside them, fill it with meat and cover the whole thing in KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce. Mmmmmm...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
They're fast (6 minutes from start to finish), easy and delicious.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
What is being called "barbeque" in this thread is NOT to be confused with what is truly barbeque as practiced in the American South (Memphis, TN, specifically). That's the real thing. "Barbeque" is more than cooking on an outdoor grill. It's a religion, one to which even I cotton. Anyone here ever have Southern-style barbeque? (Shredded pork on a bun, man--awesome.)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Baby back pork ribs, slowly boiled for 2 hours then BBQ'ed over medium coals with hickory chips. Lather on your favorite sauce...best ribs ever that just fall off the bone.
Peace Out~:D

Jim Ed

Agent
I love to BBQ (Memphis Style) and grill. I often do steaks, shrimp, burgers and dogs on my Weber Gensis Grill. I also smoke Beef, Pork, Chicken, Turkey, Dove, Deer and Fish all on my heavy smoker. I like to smoke with Hickory, Apple, Mesquite woods. I also like to marinate the food over night. Yummy!

Stephen L

Second Unit
We use a lot of different homemade marinades on chicken and steak but the one that everyone likes on steak tips is....1/3 Italian dressing ,1/3Ketchup & 1/3 Coke.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I use to have a great recipe for home-made BBQ sauce, someone stole it, called it BullsEye and they are now retired, living the life of Riley. ;)

FredHD

Stunt Coordinator
Hot Mongolian Barbecued Tofu!!!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

My personal favorite to cook.
(See, we hippie vegans barbecue too!!):D :D

Cam S

Screenwriter
Chicken, Steak, and Fish (walleye, Salmon, Trout) are my favorites. I recently tried some of that Emeril's marinade sauce and MAN, that stuff is sooo friggin good on anything you BBQ!!!!

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Try this one:

Use Shoyu (soy sauce), add sugar till the taste is ballanced and to your liking. Smash several garlic cloves and slice a few peices of ginger from the root, smash those too. Put them in the sauce. Add a dash sesame oil and seeds, a few choped green onions, merinade and grill. This is my fav! I can eat this stuff all day. This works with chicken thighs and slices of tri-tip or rib meat.

DennisHP

Second Unit
I agree with Jack. Most people are GRILLING not bar-b-queing. To me, Bar-B-que is using real wood like mesquite, cherry, apple or others and s-l-o-w-l-y smoking the meat for several hours. And NEVER apply the sauce while smoking; only after the meat is done. I use several sauces from "Buster's Texas Bar-B-Que" a restaraunt in my neighborhood. A rack of ribs or a beef brisket will take several hours to complete and 10 minutes to eat. Great, now I'm salivating!

Did you know that "briqettes" have plastic chunks and other toxic stuff in them? How can meat taste good cooked over that!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks