What's new

Your Favorite TV Themes/Songs (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Screen caps taken from season four's Sister Maria, among my favorite episodes...who loves ya, baby?
View attachment 98608
I watched 'Sister Maria' this morning. Very enjoyable. Season Hubley is beautiful. Now 60 years old previously married to Kurt Russell. Impressive bio. Thanks for the suggestion. Been sometime since I watched a Kojak. I could be ready for a rewatch of the entire series!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Route 66 (1960–1964)​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970–1977)​

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Thank you very much Randall. I suspected this was what you and others were doing. I've never used Windows, strictly a Mac guy, but I have been doing almost the exact same thing when I shoot movies with my digital camera, then freeze the image, do a screenshot then save to a multiple choice of formats. Like you I choose jpeg. However the one thing I do not have is a BluRay-DVD drive. I'll pm you. :chatter: I've already taken this thread off topic.:thumbs-up-smiley:
I'm not up there with Randall in the awesome screenshot sweepstakes, Neal, but I also have found good luck using VLC Media Player for taking screen captures. It's got a simple and easy to use toolbar for stepping forward a scene frame-by-frame to find the best shot, and then a little camera icon you can click to take the screencap. Unfortunately, my old PC that still has a workable DVD drive is becoming a bit finicky in its dotage, and doesn't always play certain discs.

As far as favorite TV themes go...far too many to mention, although a good number of the greats have already been covered in this thread. I feel that opening themes and credit sequences are a vital component to a series' success. They set the mood and get the viewer excited to sit down to watch the rest of the show. At least, the best of them work that way for me.

Since I'm a big fan of shows from the ITC stable, most of them renowned for having terrific theme songs and credit sequences, I'd though I'd mention a few favorites:

Department S

Strange Report

The Protectors

The Persuaders

and, of course, the epic, iconic opening to The Prisoner:

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I'm not up there with Randall in the awesome screenshot sweepstakes, Neal, but I also have found good luck using VLC Media Player for taking screen captures. It's got a simple and easy to use toolbar for stepping forward a scene frame-by-frame to find the best shot, and then a little camera icon you can click to take the screencap. Unfortunately, my old PC that still has a workable DVD drive is becoming a bit finicky in its dotage, and doesn't always play certain discs.

As far as favorite TV themes go...far too many to mention, although a good number of the greats have already been covered in this thread. I feel that opening themes and credit sequences are a vital component to a series' success. They set the mood and get the viewer excited to sit down to watch the rest of the show. At least, the best of them work that way for me.

Since I'm a big fan of shows from the ITC stable, most of them renowned for having terrific theme songs and credit sequences, I'd though I'd mention a few favorites:
Thank you Jeff. I would not have thought of using VLC for that purpose. I've had it for some time and the Mac version isn't very user friendly, at least for me. Also my drive went bad a couple years ago. I was hoping someone here could steer me in the right direction for a new one but I don't know where to look or who to ask.

Watching British theme songs is kinda like watching and alternate universe that needs to be explored. Ahhh, maybe someday.

TOO MUCH TELEVISION TOO LITTLE TIME :)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Leave It to Beaver (1957–1963)​

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Oh, this is going to be FUN! Just off the top of my head (and only reading the sixth page of this post):

Perry Mason
I Love Lucy
The Munsters
Addams Family
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
The Brady Bunch
Mary Tyler Moore Show
All In The Family
The Jeffersons
Phyllis
...and more to come

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
A few of my favorite instrumental themes:

The Rockford Files
Hawaii Five-O
Quincy
Taxi
Today's FBI

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Some of my favorites with lyrics:

Baretta
Maude
Three's Company
The Jeffersons
The Jetsons
B.J. & the Bear
Rawhide
12 oz Mouse

And probably the shortest theme song ever,

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Father Knows Best (1954–1960)​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

My Favorite Martian (1963–1966)​

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks