What's new

Your Favorite TV Themes/Songs (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
For me, the favorite ones are some of the "forgotten" ones that never got a commercial release. Shows like Ellery Queen, Lucas Tanner, Petrocelli, How the West Was Won, etc. They're marvelous themes and cues, that could still be used today for intros and such. Pity, it's such an obscure interest.

==jthree

mark-edk

Second Unit
Below is the Tarzan theme I remember from when NBC originally broadcast the show (begins at the 1:26 mark). I believe the theme was changed when CBS aired reruns in 1969, or perhaps it was changed for syndication.
Tarzan had two different themes. Season one was by Walter Greene. For season two Nelson Riddle wrote a new theme.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
One of the last series I'd like to get on DVD.
Why is this show so obscure? Robert Wagner and Eddie Albert aren't big enough to get a DVD release? There were 70 episodes over 3 seasons, so it wasn't a blink and you'd miss it affair.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Why is this show so obscure? Robert Wagner and Eddie Albert aren't big enough to get a DVD release? There were 70 episodes over 3 seasons, so it wasn't a blink and you'd miss it affair.
From what I've heard/read on this and other forums, Switch was apparently one of the series that had most of its masters and/or tapes (can't remember which, though its most likely tapes) destroyed in the big Universal fire, thus rendering releasing the series an expensive proposition for the studio. Other members here will likely know the full story and can clarify the details, if they feel so inclined.

Last edited:

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I confess I didn't go through all 20 pages of this thread. But despite my fondness for many of the old theme songs, this song continues to haunt me and was a perfect theme song for The Leftovers. Even though I recorded this on DVR, I never skipped the opening credits.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Ryan's Four (short-lived '83 ABC medical series w/Tom Skerritt, Lisa Eilbacher, et al.)...

The Feather & Father Gang (short-lived '76 ABC mystery/crime series w/Stefanie Powers and the late Harold Gould; includes full end titles w/CPT's Sunburst/Abstract Torch [and opening title has a faintly seen CPT copyright, attached here)])...

featherandfathertitle.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Did you know that L.A. Law had a second version of its opening title track, used for more serious storylines? Here's an example of that, with the low synthesizer bass theme in the first few seconds, used for serious episodes (this example from 1987).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks