What's new

Directors Your Favorite of the Rings (1 Viewer)

Clint B

Second Unit
Considering that I barely remember the books since I read them well over 20 years ago, and considering that ROTK EE isn't out yet, this is my order as of now:

1) ROTK
2) FOTR EE (a very close second)
3) TTT EE (much better than the theatrical cut, IMHO)

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
1) The Return of the King - The best blockbuster in 10 years. Skillfully mixes my favourite elements of both films, and fantasy in general. 100% proof payoff, and what scope, and vision!
2) The Fellowship of the Ring - EE. Almost every moment of additional footage enriches the narrative considerably. A perfect road-movie, and misses the top spot by a thin margin.
3) The Two Towers - I'm undecided whether the EE is better than the theatrical cut. In spite of it's slightly improved character moments, there's a *lot* of fluff in it.

Indeed, we may not see their like again for twenty years.

*impersonation of Ming the Merciless* FOOOLS! SEIZE HIM!
;)

Kami

Screenwriter
1. The Return of the King theatrical
2. Fellowship of the Ring Extended
3. The Two Towers Extended
4. Fellowship
5. Two Towers

No doubt all of them will be pushed down one notch once ROTK: EE comes out!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
My favorite is Fellowship. It's well-rounded and is the best in terms of characterization, story, music, cinematography and acting. Although the latter two have visually incredible action sequences, I found the ones in Fellowship to be more meaningful and exciting.

~T

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
1. Gotterdammerung (love the immolation scene)
2. Die Walkure (love fat chicks with horny helmets)
3. Das Rheingold (love Gollum, er...Alberich)
4. Siegfried (don't like the hairy-chested dude who bellows non-stop for an hour and a half)

1. ROTK
2. FOTR
3. TTT

JoN:MiLLeR

Agent
at this point it's still hard to say... at somepoint, probally a little over a year from now when i get my first vacation from work owning all 6 dvds... and do 2 marathons... then my final mind shall be made up, but as of now it would stand

1. Return of the King
2. The Two Towers (Extended Edition)
3. Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition)
4. Fellowship of the Ring
5. The Two Towers

ROTK made me sit back in awe. Fellowship is the most watched, and probally the most close to my heart... however the TT EE completly changed me...

in the end it doesnt matter tho, because the true way to watch these films will be in a Extended Edition Marathon as one large film, because the whole trilogy, is much greater then the sum of any of its parts.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
In the spirit of John and Jan (and one to which I can’t imagine that Tolkien would object):

1.Gotterdammeerung
2.Siegfried
3.Das Rheingold
4.Die Walkure

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks