Your favorite KotOR bugs/oddities

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ray Warner, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Ray Warner

Ray Warner Stunt Coordinator

Right, so, we've all been playing KotOR like there's no tomorrow, yes? And as well we should, as the game absolutely lays waste to the last two "movies" we got subjected to. If you want your real episode 1, here it is.

However, as more people make their way through the game, it's come to light that the ship date may have been a tad...Premature. Case in point is the now-well-known Carth Bug, probably the most dire programming bug found thus far in the game.

It's certaintly not the only one, though, and thankfully, most of the other ones are pretty harmless.

So, here's the official thread for detailing any KotOR bugs, glitches, and general weirdness you encounter.

Here's my personal favorite:

[​IMG]

The Black Hole to Nowhere! Alternate (larger) pictures may be seen by clicking here, here, and here.

Note the lovely lack of progressive scan on my TV, God damn it.

I'm not sure what that thing is, but you can walk through it and select it, and apparently I can try to open it. It's locked, though.

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

Maybe it was an easter egg?

I got a headless guy(screenshot in the spoiler forum.

I also suffered from the Mission bug where the game froze during a cutscene because Mission's cloak was still active.

And I get the game to freeze on me many, many times. For RPG games, I usually only like to have one save game plus the autosave. But with this game, I have 3 manual save games running.

I also tried to kill one of them flying rodents. Halfway through, it turned into a non-hostile creature. I neeeded to kill that thing to because the group needed that exit cleared.

3. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

It freezed on me once while I was trying to load a save. Only problem so far.

4. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

I got stuck in the Sith Base on Manaan. I went there before doing anything else.

Couldn't get into the Training Room (or beyond it) to retrieve the Sith Datapad, and therefore was executed when leaving.

I had to start back at a previous save. (Thank goodness I had one!)

5. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Know how you do a quick push to the right + A button when you're trying to do a power move?

If you do this JUST as a battle sequence is ending, the main character will instead try to lay down a mine. And then you hear a buzzing sound and the game freezes.

This has happened to me at least four times.

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Not a bug but an oversight: Has anyone noticed that when you do the light ending when you kill Bastila, when you get to the awards ceremony to close out the game, Bastila's suddenly back alive and standing there with the rest of the party?

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

She's only there in spirit...like Obi-Wan, Yoda and withered old Anakin at the end of ROTJ.
    [​IMG]

8. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

10. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

This isn't a bug at all, but I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed these couple of things:

When asked the location of the Jedi Academy by Seth, you can say "Alderaan! They're on Alderaan!", the inverse of what Leia says ("Dantooine! They're on Dantooine!") in ep 4.

If you talk to Jolee long enough about his life, he'll get to a point where he says, "I guess you could say I did it all for the wookies." To which you reply, "The wookies?" To which he replies, "The wookies."

11. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

My game freezes every time I try to go into the Sand People Enclave. The game stops on the loading screen and freezes. Does anybody have a solution to this? No other games freeze on my xbox, and this is the first time KOTOR has ever done this. I can't play anymore because of this. Anyone have any suggestions? I guess I will return it tomorrow and get another copy.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

Ever since I went into the ruins on Dantoonie
    Every time I save a game - instead of 10 hours 42 minutes...its like 17863853 hours...

13. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

14. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I've played all the way through without encountering any bugs.(50 hours)

15. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Same here JamesH.

16. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

I've put a total of 54 hours so far (on my second run) and no major bugs or freezing thankfully. Sometimes I'll get stuck in a corner cause of my party members but it takes a second to switch to another and move - no big deal. I save pretty regularly and for some reason I never overwrite a save so I have about 100 of them [​IMG]

17. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

I've played one and a half times through the game and haven't encountered any bugs.

18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

The only bug I've encountered so far is the one in which your playing time on the saved games gets messed up.

19. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I had a problem on Dantooine. When my party would encounter the Mandalorians I would use a grenade at the outset to initiate combat. In doing so my party would move within range and jump up onto some of the higher ledges surrounding the enemies. After killing them I would be stuck on top of this ledge with no ways of getting down.

20. BrentC

BrentC Agent

I don't know if this is a glitch or not but on kaashikk i ansewed the questions incorrectly and cannot open the starmap. I have tried and tried but i cannot find a way to do it!

also i had the time glitch for a while it said i had played 145672066hr. 45min the last time i saved it was just 45min!!! oh and in the hunting lodge on tantoine after i made the piggies squeel and run away the screen went black like someone turned the lights out. when i paused it I could still see the map so I "felt" my way out of the room by continually checking the map. once i left everything was normal.