Your Favorite CD Recordings???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnnyN, Sep 13, 2001.

1. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

Hi... I'm looking for recordings which are considered by audiophiles to be quality reproductions of the original music. I want to test my systems ability to reproduce music accurately and dynamically and I want to purchase a few of those CD recordings which the members here think are the best.
    ------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    Somebody has to pay for retail businesses to let us walk in and audition high quality equipment side by side with our own dvd's and movies. I don't mind paying a premium to support this kind of service and convenience, I wish others would consider this when buying discounted b-stock merchandise from shady internet dealers.
    JKB

2. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

3. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

oops sorry. mods can you please move for me?
    ------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    Somebody has to pay for retail businesses to let us walk in and audition high quality equipment side by side with our own dvd's and movies. I don't mind paying a premium to support this kind of service and convenience, I wish others would consider this when buying discounted b-stock merchandise from shady internet dealers.
    JKB

4. Nicole P

Nicole P Stunt Coordinator

Try visiting the Reference Recordings website for samples of their work on reasonably priced demonstration discs.
    I'm a Classical enthusiast and the quality of recording for the Minnesota Orchestra's performances is quite an experience.
    RR does also have jazz recordings if that is your line.
    Cheers,
    Nicole P

5. Coressel

Coressel Supporting Actor

I'm very impressed with the Telarc CDs of the Atlanta Symphony. Check 'em out:
    www.telarc.com

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Dave Mathews Band - Crash. EXCELLENT recording with a wide variety of instruments that is great for testing/demoing speakers.
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)