Your Favorite CD Recordings???

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Hi... I'm looking for recordings which are considered by audiophiles to be quality reproductions of the original music. I want to test my systems ability to reproduce music accurately and dynamically and I want to purchase a few of those CD recordings which the members here think are the best.
------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Somebody has to pay for retail businesses to let us walk in and audition high quality equipment side by side with our own dvd's and movies. I don't mind paying a premium to support this kind of service and convenience, I wish others would consider this when buying discounted b-stock merchandise from shady internet dealers.
JKB

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
oops sorry. mods can you please move for me?
------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Somebody has to pay for retail businesses to let us walk in and audition high quality equipment side by side with our own dvd's and movies. I don't mind paying a premium to support this kind of service and convenience, I wish others would consider this when buying discounted b-stock merchandise from shady internet dealers.
JKB

Nicole P

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Try visiting the Reference Recordings website for samples of their work on reasonably priced demonstration discs.
I'm a Classical enthusiast and the quality of recording for the Minnesota Orchestra's performances is quite an experience.
RR does also have jazz recordings if that is your line.
Cheers,
Nicole P

John Garcia

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Dave Mathews Band - Crash. EXCELLENT recording with a wide variety of instruments that is great for testing/demoing speakers.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Super Chief