Your Dream Home Theater

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan Preston, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Alan Preston

Alan Preston Extra

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I believe that I am one of the youngest home theater fanatics out there. I'm only 13!
    Anyways, I thought it would be fun if we all discussed our dream home theater.
    Someone buys you the perfect house for a great home theater. You have an infinite amount of money to spend on your home theater. What all would you buy?

2. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

A toilet. I'd put a toilet in my home theater.

3. Jeff Meininger

Jeff Meininger Second Unit

No home theater toilet is complete without tactile transducers.

4. Alan Preston

Alan Preston Extra

I think you guys misunderstood the idea. I mean everything, such as componnents and your equipment to watch your movies. And whatever you want in the room as well.

5. Infinate amount of money? who cares about a movie system. I'll just move from set to set!

6. Alan Preston

Alan Preston Extra

Well if it happened today, what it include? Everyone be creative and use your imagination.

7. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I'm not even aware of what the "high-end" theater equipment would even be, But I'll take a crack at it, If it's not really that good, i could always spend more money later (I do have an infinate amount anyway)...

A DLP, a 35mm, and a 70mm projectors

Dolby Digital and DTS decoding systems. Whatever they have at Mann's Chinese Theater should be sufficient

One seat, a Corbin '49 mercury loveseat

Multiple Krell LAT-1's for speakers

series of Krell Master-series amps to run them

Bass would be provided by a series of SVS CS16-46's, one for each speaker

A popcorn machine

8. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

I could live with owning Widescreen Review Magazine's Holosonic Lab and not be too unhappy. Theta separates, Dunlavy SC-V's with matching subs, three different-sized Stewart screens, stacked projectors, etc. Unreal! I wouldn't kick that system out of my house.

9. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I hear that Jan! [​IMG]
    Someday, hopefully in the next two years, I will be building a dedicated Home Theatre (14 X 22) and will have a High Def Projector (D-ILA or DLP probably-CRT's are just too big!) with a minimum of a 100 inch screen.
    Will need to upgrade Amplification with seperates (undecided as to which brand) possibly new speakers (but I love my Monitor Audio Silvers) and another HSU VTF-2 Subwoofer.
    This is a "dream" Home Theatre that I hope to make a reality! [​IMG]

10. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

We're talking about home theater! Thank you so much, Alan!

Projector? If CRT, a Runco DTV-1200. If DLP, I'd be quite cool with a Sharp 9000.

Amplification: Krell all around.

Source components: If price is no object, then I'd be cool with the overpriced Ayres all-out player. And I'd still get a separate SACD machine, and a separate DVD-Audio machine.

I'd get a Rega Planar turntable and install whatever is considered the best arm still being made, as well as the best moving-coil cartridge.

As for speakers, Martin-Logan, baby! Nothing like a really good electrostatic/dynamic hybrid. Though I wouldn't quarrel with the Dunlavy units making life so sweet for the WSR crew down in Temecula.