What's new

your coments on dual av15 please? (1 Viewer)

Wayne_D

Agent
thanks again Dan for your input! To be honest i have never experienced the whole 20hz and below phenomenon, that most of the guys on this forum are striving for...

so with that said...the design i came up with will start to role off sooner at 25hz, but will have a more gradual slope!

what kind of power handling would they have in this config?
and how much power handling would they have in the sealed 6cube config that you suggested?

american audio has a comple amps in the line that i am looking at! one that would feed them 700 watts each and the step down would give them 480 watts each!

so another question i have is how much low low frequencies will i loose out on being sealed?

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
so another question i have is how much low low frequencies will i loose out on being sealed?
Hard for me to say as I haven't directly compared a vented and sealed cab side by side. In fact, the sealed sub I'm working on now will be my first sealed sub. :) Simulations say that you'll have an F10 of around 20hz. BUT that is simulated. How it would work out in your room with a movie soundtrack is a good bit different.

Hopefully someone like Anthony Gomez, Brian Bunge or Jack Gilvey will chime in with their thoughts since I know all of them use or have used sealed subs before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks