What's new

Directors Your Biggest Pet Peeve (1 Viewer)

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
I did a search on this site and didn't find a general pet peeve poll. I found specific pet peeve polls but not one for everyday life. Just what bugs the hell out of you?
When my neighbors use power tools that wake me up early on Sat. morning, that pisses me off. When anyone awakens me, that pisses me off. When they screw up my order in the drive-thru, that pisses me off.
What pisses you off or simply bugs the hell out of you?

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
People at the grocery store that don't leave a path for others proceed.

People that hog a walking path, expecting you to move out of their way.

Anyone, but especially a woman, that doen't say thank you when I hold a door open for them. It also kinda pisses me off when they make no attempt to catch the door themselves.

I'm sure there are more that I'll add later.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I gotta agree with Rich. I like dead silence while I'm watching a movie, and whenever I hear the mumble mumble of people talking it just boils my blood. :angry:

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor

No doubt. I also hate watching low budget or classic movies while people like my mom are around. Being 16, they think I'm weird or something. "Why are you watching this? It's boring." That just pisses me right off.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Well I can't complain too much about people chatting in cinemas because my girl Sandra is quite noisy when the lights go down, and if anyone dares to shoosh her, she will retort loudly 'fook oof' whatever that means.

I hate slow traffic (who doesn't?), and long boring queues.

DanaA

Screenwriter
The way some people eat. I can't watch those Carl commercials, "Don't bother me. I'm eating," while the guy is making nostril noises.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Slow cars in the "fast lane" for no apparent reason (especially when the other lanes are wide open too).
:angry:

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
My biggest pet peeve is people driving slow in the fast lane after having talked through a movie they just saw after they got off of work where they create pop-up windows. Man, that really pisses me off.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'd be interested to see if anyone else agrees on mine:

You're driving, coming up to a traffic light. There are no cars in front of you between you and the light. A bit ahead of you, in the adjacent lane, there are two cars (in the same lane) coming up to the light.

Now...the light turns red. The second (trailing) car in the next lane whips over into your lane - ahead of you - just before reaching the light (so he can be first in line once the light goes green). In other words, he cuts in front of you just before the red light.

Anyone? Anyone?

Jon

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
You know what torques me off...I can't find a theater that doesn't have some sort of audio problems, i.e., one channel is out, a speaker is blown and crackles, the volume's too high, too low, etc....OKKK maybe I have found one once is a while, but it's the one with the broken focus knob and the picture's off center....

there, that's my pet peeve...

also, crusty dried out cheese that someone forgot to seal up before they put it back in the fridge.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
People not washing their hands after using the bathroom, suggested sales at fast food places (when I order something, don't ask me if I need something else), bose speakers (amazed at how many places I've gone to and people trying to impress me with their sad speakers), boomy car audio (SQ people, then SPL), people not signalling on making a turn, and discourteous people.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I've got a million pet peeves, but my biggest one is people who write "should of" and "could of" instead of "should've" and "could've."

Drives me f**king crazy!!!!

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
When I’m driving down a 2-lane street and the opposing traffic is partially blocked by a car or something the opposing traffic whips into my lane expecting me to slow up and/or move over for their benefit. [rant]My lane is not blocked and I have the right-of-way Dammit![/rant]

When people use the public street as their driveway.

When people (my wife) try to simultaneously read the Sunday paper while I have it. It does not matter that the Atlanta Sunday paper is 6 inches thick with enough reading material to last an individual a couple weeks.

When people (not my wife, she’s entitled), ask me if I am I doing anything at some period of time or if I have some amount of extra money. Just because I have some free time or have some money without any immediate plans for it, does not entitle you to it. [rant]Don’t try to bait me up and then guilt-trip me into a corner. My usual answer to these pre-probing questions is a frank, “What do you want?” I’ve been called very rude for doing this. Is it? I ain’t changin’ if it is.[/rant]

People who are intolerant of others because they don’t see themselves in the mirror.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
People whose first language is English who don't know the difference between 'they're', 'there', and 'their' or 'whose' and 'who's'.

People who gratuitously abbreviate in emails, such as 'what r u doing'.

Slow drivers. Telemarketing. SUVs.

John.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks