Your advice?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tyler_T, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Tyler_T

Tyler_T Auditioning

Nov 29, 2003
    For the past few months I've been checking out FP projectors... for a while I was positive I was going to get a Dell 2200MP projector (1100 Luminens, 2000 hours, DLP, ect.), however, according to you guys I can get a better picture and longer bulb life by the Infocus X1 for only $100 more (The Dell 2200MP is $900.) So I may get this. I just have a few questions.

1. What kind of inputs does the X1 offer? Does it have HDTV and Progressie scan capabilities?

2. How will I plug in my advanced inputs (Component cables, S-video, ect.) On the back of the unit, there aren't any inputs for these.

3. Is this unit bright enough to be able to see in a room that's not lit, but has a moderate amount of natural light coming in? (Will I have to paint my windows black or something?)

Thanks for the help!
  2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

May 5, 2002
    1) VGA, S-Video, Composite. Can get Component to s-video and component to VGA adapters. If you have a progressive DVD player you would use the component to VGA adapter if you have interlaced use the Component to s-video.

2) answered above

3) Yes as long as you can control the light......