What's new

Your 2005 Darwin Award Winner (1 Viewer)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

Only if he's happy...:D

I think in this case it made him dead. I wonder if in hell if he's fighting with the guy who died playing a computer game 50 hrs straight to get the Darwin award trophy.;)

Claudia P

Stunt Coordinator
I read a report a couple of days ago in the Sydney Morning Herald about a local well-respected businessman arrested on 17 counts of cruelty to animals and one charge of bestiality. Evidently they found half-skinned & mutilated rabbit carcasses plus one guinea pig in an alleyway adjoining his office space. The police checked pet stores, found out who was buying up rabbits, tracked the guy through credit card receipts, put him under surveillance, and, voila! caught in the act. Rabbits? Guinea pigs? What goes on in these guys heads?

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Hey Robert-

What's the story about the guy playing 50 hours of
a computer game?

I can't help but think that this horse-loving clown
got what he deserved. It's a good thing that his gene
pool has been drained- the world definitely can do without
total idiots.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It's easy, everyone interested is invited to the next Virginia Home Theater meet. :emoji_thumbsup:

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Well, it's not like he was some loner with a crazy idea. Seems more of Sigfried and Roy status rather than Darwin status. Thousands of people deal with wild, dangerous animals every day.

If the Crocodile Hunter finally succumbs to a croc (crike!) then would he be a Darwin candidate too? Even though he has made a living for years off of exposure to dangerous animals?

The fact that all 6 of the bears quickly attack and eat the guy makes me wonder if they were hungry. Or maybe he just said something bad about their momma.

Bile farmer: "Your momma's so fat..."
Bear: "Oh noes he di'nt." :D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah, but there's a big difference between Steve Irwin and these morons, he doesn't collect bile from surgically implanted catheters or holes in the croc's body for some ridiculous hoo-do medicine, these idiots do & IMO they deserve what they get. Remember that these are basically the same people who would gladly see tigers go into extinction as long as they can get aphrodisiacs out of the deal.

However, to be honest I'm not so cool with Irwin's methods either...neither is much of the animal research & protection world.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
You might not like what Irwin does on the show but he is a widely respected Zooligist, working for the main zoo in Australia and is definately considered the premier expert on a lot of the animals he deals with (i.e. native australian animals, etc.)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Respected though he may be for his efforts on behalf of endangered animals he has come under fire for his..."hand's on" approach. I don't think it is necessarily in an animals best interest to go charging in & man handling most of these creatures for the camera, the thought being that this unnecessarily traumatizes the animals. He was offended at the criticism as I remember but I tend to agree with it for the most part.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
But we're not zoologists. I however did grow up on a farm and understand that what many people would consider abuse or unnecessary treatment of an animal is in fact in their best interest.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Charles, zoologists are among the ones who criticized him.

For example, his Jumping in with whales But that is only the most recent one..well..aside from the holding his infant child while feeding a large croc incident & taking a pic of the toddler on top of a python...but anyway when the show first came on the air many zoologists made exactly the same criticism I have, grabbing a hold of an animal and dangling it for the sake of the camera is not "in the best interest" of the animal, it is shilling for the camera and overtly traumatises an animal that isn't used to being handled that way. On a farm you need to do some things that may not seem nice but are indeed in the farm animals best interest, these are not food animals, these are wild animals in their natural habitat & aren't exactly used to have some guy walk up and grab them out of a clear blue sky.

I mean don't you think it is a bit ironic that he constantly states that the biggest danger to wild animals is coming in contact with humans...right before he grabs one and dangles it in front of the camera!?!? "Crikey look at this, isn't she a beauuuuty! Now the best thing we can do for these endangered animals is to leave them alone...ooooh she's a frisky one..." Give me a break man.:rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks