What's new

Young Sherlock Holmes (1 Viewer)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
One of them might have been Anamorphic so far but not the ones I want to own (ST 6 for example). In fact people have been saying the the subtitles can't be read when you zoom in on your widescreen TV. Ridiculous.
How many R2 Trek movie DVDs do you own? Because all of them, except for V and VI, are anamorphic. This is also the case in R1, where VII, VI and V are non-anamorphic due to Paramount's early policy of not enhancing their DVDs for 16:9 displays. As for replicating extras, I've yet to see a R2 Paramount DVD which doesn't replicate all the extras of it's R1 counterpart and their transfers look fine to me.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I would LOVE to have this movie on DVD! I keep hoping that 2002 will be the year, but who knows?

Regarding Paramount's "rubbish" DVDs, while in the past they haven't included many extras, their transfers have been uniformally excellent, and the sound quality of their discs has been very good as well. Recently, they seem to be redeeming themselves in the extras department with discs like Beverly Hills Cop and Fatal Attraction. Even some of their early discs had one or two commentaries, which I consider to be among the most important extras. I'll take quality over quantity anytime.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Personally, I would just love to have this movie with good audio and video, and considering this is a Paramount title, I don't really have to worry. Anything extra would be just that...

And I have bugged Martin Blythe about this title plenty.

"That was a girl!"

"Brilliant deduction, Watson."

Rob T

Screenwriter
I would most likely buy this title. I've watched it a few times on the Buffalo FOX affiliate and have always enjoyed it. :)

We're in for a long wait on this title. The movie's Executive Producer is Steven Spielberg, which means he actually owns this title! Any release has to go through his corporate offices:angry:

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Spielberg's usually pretty good in my books. If there was someone I could email about this I would. It's well-plotted, well-acted movie that deserves a release.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
I would buy this movie in a heartbeat. I saw it at the cinema when it came out (yes, I'm that old) and I definitely want it on DVD. Never even saw it in English (I live in Germany), so there's yet another reason to buy the DVD.
Go make, Paramount. :)
Chris

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just to clarify, the confusion might have been that Young Sherlock Holmes had that first all-CGI character in a film-up to that point it had only been done for FX.

Chris Sypal

Stunt Coordinator
Heck, it one of the first pieces of work done by John Lasseter for ILM's CGI division (which was named Pixar a year later when Steve Jobs bought it from ILM.)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
What do you mean old? I am 27 and I saw it when it came out too!!
Ahh, 27. To be 27 again. :)
Sorry, I turned 30 a few months ago and I was told that this has to throw you into a crisis of some sort. I'm just playing along. Don't know what I'll do when I turn 40. :)
Chris

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Yeah, I don't recall any commercial breaks on AMC!!!
AMC started puttiing in commercials in October of 2001. The links below are to articles and a bulletin board post that talk about it. It's toward the bottom of a couple of the stories, so be sure to read down to the bottom of each page (if your are interested of course).
Like I said before, "Yuck!" I've completeley stopped watching them because of this. I hope TCM doesn't follow their lead, though I have heard rumors of such
Check here: Link Removed
Or here: Link Removed
Or here: Link Removed
Or here: http://www.angelfire.com/nj/homewenn/savewennnews.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks