What's new

"Young Sherlock Holmes" coming to dvd this year?... (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Awesome! They've been showing this on one of the movie channels here a lot. I'd love to see this movie in at least anamorphic widescreen. It's one of the first movies showing off the advantages of computer animation. In fact, I'd have to say the knight in the church is better and more realistic than 99% of the CGI that's followed it. And the scene with Holmes and the pastries? Classic.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
It's about time...would love to get an anamorphic widescreen version of this, so I can finally retire my copy that I taped off AMC (Widescreen and before they showed commercials!)

And Jesse, I think you mean Watson and the pasteries.

Haden

Supporting Actor
It's just too bad Paramount owns this. It'll be a crummy bare-bones DVD. We'll be lucky to get the trailer.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Ha! Yeah right. It wasn't exactly a huge blockbuster hit. It's an obscure 80s film with a small but loyal cult following. Paramount couldn't even give us a decent 2-disc special edition of GREASE, so why would they bother adding anything more than a trailer for this film?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Ooooh I hope it gets released on DVD eventually, I really love this movie, and Bruce Broughton's music was fantastic, one of my favorite soundtracks.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It was one of the first films to use CGI - the scene where the priest sees the stained-glass window shatter, and the 2D "window knight" pick himself up and attack the priest. Very cool scene. Haven't seen this film in about 10 years, but I remember enjoying it (even if I was annoyed that the books said they first met after Watson was injured in the war, rendering the film inconsistent with the source).

Joel C

Screenwriter
I haven't seen this film, but I saw a clip of it in a documentary about ILM and I like Sherlock Holmes stories a lot, so I will pick this one up. Plus, Barry Levinson directed it.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Given that it's a Lucasfilm title. They'll do something in the way of extras.
Aside from Pixar and ILM being involved, I don't believe Lucasfilm had anything to do with this. It was an Amblin production.

I've always liked this film (although a better title for it would have been Sherlock Holmes and the Temple of Doom). I'll probably pick it up if the price is reasonable. As for extra content; it'd be nice, but not necessarily a must. A Levinson commentary could be fun, though. I just hope they remember to include the trailer.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
(although a better title for it would have been Sherlock Holmes and the Temple of Doom).
ACTUALLY,

it was suppose to be called Young Sherlock Holmes and the Pyrimd of Fear

and Bryan IS right,
Pixar DID do the Stained Glass Warrior

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
It would be great to have this on DVD. I have a widescreen version of it from AMC before they converted to the J6P HBO-wannabe piece of utter sh*t that it is today. YSH is a highly under-rated movie and I'd be the first one in line to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks