What's new

Pre-Order Young Sherlock Holmes (1985) (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray SteelBook) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
15382_tn.jpg 81ifejQbfPL._SL1500_.jpg

Preorder up at Target. Will post Amazon preorder link once available

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I waited for this film for ages (and I'm glad that it's getting a steelbook with the original poster art).
I just hope Paramount doesn't DNR it!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I waited for this film for ages (and I'm glad that it's getting a steelbook with the original poster art).
I just hope Paramount doesn't DNR it!!

They have been DNR'ing everything, so like you, I am not holding out hope. I have been reading so many complaints about their Blu-ray transfers. It's so sad.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
They have been DNR'ing everything, so like you, I am not holding out hope. I have been reading so many complaints about their Blu-ray transfers. It's so sad.
agreed, a real lack of focus and shody low bar mentality, just SAD!! Maybe there'slight atthe end of the tunnel. I just hope it's not another oncoming trash train!!!
train GIF

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Well, the Star Trek movies in 4K were OK, weren't they?
I have bought them, but haven't checked them yet due to some problems with my home cinema.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, but it's a crapshoot at this point with Paramount. I suppose one could pre-order the disc, then if reviews are poor either cancel the order or return the sealed disc for a refund.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I suppose one could pre-order the disc, then if reviews are poor either cancel the order or return the sealed disc for a refund.
Yeah, I never pre-order anything. I'm waiting for reviews first, and most importantly - screenshots.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Iwas thriled when Paramount realeased Their classic The Court Jester!!! It was amazing, and I had great expectations for futire BD Editions...And the then the Ship hit the fan, and we find ourselves ready for another disapointment, in a loge lone of failed releases. I don't know who thay fired, but they need to hire them back!!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
With every trip to the Paramount lot and sit-down with executives during all of the HTF Hollywood meets I attended, this was perhaps the most requested title for release on Blu-ray. I thought this release was never going to happen.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
With every trip to the Paramount lot and sit-down with executives during all of the HTF Hollywood meets I attended, this was perhaps the most requested title for release on Blu-ray. I thought this release was never going to happen.
I just hope that the studio does due diligence on this project. They've been up nd down on thier PQ as of late. Hoping for the best, because I have see some titles look amazing...but will wait until some reviews come in before I buy.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
So, as I've said this was one of my most wanted Blu-rays, and I'm sorry to say I won't be purchasing this release.
This seems awful to me.. :(

Ross Gowland

Second Unit
Real Name
Ross Gowland
What’s the problem with it?

I haven’t the best eyesight but I can’t see anything awful with those caps.

I won’t have the disc itself to check until the 20th when the regular edition is released.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
So, as I've said this was one of my most wanted Blu-rays, and I'm sorry to say I won't be purchasing this release.
This seems awful to me.. :(
Yeah a little better than the dvd, but keep in mind these images are from the Frent bd and not the upcoming US release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No detail, almost no grain, a DVD era master by the looks of it. Nowhere near a remaster by current blu-ray standards.

Just out of curiosity...

Is this information coming from someone who has actually seen the transfer or simply by enlarging screenshots?

I realize Paramount is reckless with 4k transfers these days but I am very curious as to what someone who has actually seen this transfer has to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks