What's new

Young Samson and Goliath release (1 Viewer)

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by dhammer

I just got my set and I am very happy with it. They improved their menus in that you can choose if you want to watch the show as it was aired. The Space Kiddettes first than Young Samson. Or you can watch all of one cartoon back to back. I don't believe their first releases had that feature i.e. Space Ghost and Dino Boy.

Is that really how this show/these shows first aired? I was under the impression that they originally aired separately (under a sponsorship deal with General Mills) and each had Jay Ward and/or TTV cartoons in them. Space Kidettes had a tag following the closing credits with the "Go Go Gophers" music playing and scrolling text that said "Go Go Gophers" and "The Hunter" were produced by Total Television Productions. I saw Kidettes play that way in syndication in the 1980s -- although I think USA ran them together, as does/did Cartoon Network/Boomerang. (A friend who's older than I am told me these weren't jumbled up later on for syndication, that was how they were originally -- but of course that isn't gospel.) Obviously they cannot release the hybrid Hanna-Barbera/Total Television/Jay Ward ("Fractured Fairy Tales" appeared in some Young Samson half-hours) versions on DVD, since the elements have different owners.

Well, it's much ado about nothing -- I mention it only for reasons of historical interest. Bravo to the Warner Archive for delving into 1960s Hanna-Barbera!

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Valley of the Dinosaurs are now up for order on the Warner Archive!! I'm hoping for the New Shmoo soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks