What's new

Young Maverick (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Dang straight I'm excited for this one!!!

I'll be get tin' my set pre ordered when they start taking orders. It will be a glad day for me when this set finally arrives.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great news: More James Garner, and more John Dehner! I cannot wait for the announcement.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Another Holy Grail taken care of. I hope all of you get some of your lost television programs too.

James

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I thought there would be a few more folks out there looking forward to the release of YOUNG MAVERICK!

I sorta feel lonely now...

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
Well you are not entirely alone Bret as I will be getting it. I thought it did try to capture the original flavour of 'Maverick' more so than the later Bret Maverick..

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'll be purchasing Young Maverick as well as its pilot movie.

You can now pre-order Young Maverick on the WB site for a 3/1 release. According to the description, it includes the pilot movie The New Maverick, so that saves me some money.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
If I recall correctly, the 8th episode on the set was never aired. I thought CBS has stated that before.

Sadly, there were plans for Bart to appear on the series but it was cancelled before the episodes were filmed.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Pre-Ordered!!
Thanks for the "Heads-Up!"

Is it any good? The pilot is good; and I've heard that the last two eps are worthy of the "Maverick" name, although this will be my first exposure to those eps.

BOTTOM LINE: I need it to complete my Maverick collection! (Which even includes Bart Maverick's appearance in "The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw".)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I Can say this - pilot movie was total Maverick!!! Bret and Bart meeting their 'new' cousin Ben. The actual series I have only seen two episodes of. Thought they were good. Well worth getting the rest of the series. And like the above poster wrote, it completes the total Maverick collection.

A good buy!!

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
So my Young Maverick set has arrived!!

Started watching the first episode. "Clancy" is a fun episode. But, I could have sworn that there was a James Garner appearance in the opening of the episode. But there is no appearance on my copy.

So I'm wondering - What Happened?????

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Don't think I ever saw the series but from all the information I have read on the show. Bret is only in the "New Maverick" movie that was made a year before the series. It doesn't list him as appearing in any of the 8 Young Maverick episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks