What's new

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Vol 1 - October 23, 2007 (1 Viewer)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I'm sure that the pricing will go in stages like the Star Trek TV shows. The die-hard fans will buy it first at a higher price, and the casual fans will buy it a year or so later when the sets are discounted to clear out inventory.

Also, think of it in terms of movie pricing. How much does it cost you to buy six or seven two-disc special edition DVDs? With a preorder discount from Amazon or Deep Discount, the Young Indy sets will be comparable to other movie boxsets.

Haden

Supporting Actor
With luck, this thing will eventually get marked down to the extreme low price Buck Rogers was reduced to... going from its $70 price down to $19.95 at some stores. :)

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

If he were they'd be even MORE expensive. Prices of produced film/video material for sale to schools are astronomical in comparison.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
No thanks! I would only want them in HD, and maybe as rentals.

I never liked when Lucas started to try and tell Indy's back story starting with The Last Crusade. He is supposed to inegmatic (sp) and mysterious, just like most Saturday morning serial heros that he's modeled after.

It's better if you the viewer make up your own Indy history. It's more fun that way.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
As an occasional anime buyer I've certainly spent as much for less, but the possibility of these sets just being dumps of old composite masters isn't exactly appealing. Unless they've re-transferred and re-edited the episodes from the original film there is absolutely no way I'm paying that kind of price.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
DeepDiscount has this up for pre-order now priced @ $79.30 they are showing the msrp at $107.95 though. Which is $10 lower than what we have been hearing, so who knows if it is an error on their part or not. Just make the damn msrp $99.99 and i would be able to live with it!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
If you look lower left corner that looks to me to be sean patrick flannery but perhaps i am wrong. maybe most of the episodes/movies feauture the much younger indy in volume 1.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I would get the x-files set if i didn't allready own the 9 original releases. I just can't bring myself to rebuy anything having spent so much money. Same goes for Star Trek i doubt i will ever rebuy those. I wish studios would give the fans who supported the releases all along the chance to buy complete series packaging. I mean it is those fans who make the complete releases possible in the first place. But nah greed get's in the way.

Anyhow back on topic i am definately buying the Indy sets despite the price. The more i think about what i paid for the series i mentioned above it doesn't seem so bad. I hope we get to see the complete contents listed soon.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I guess that confirms the movie releases finally. Not that it should come as a surprise to anyone but some were still holding out hope for broadcast episodes. Sooo December for Volume 2 that is pretty fast indeed.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's packed. I'd like to see this with the original "Old Indy" bumpers, but if I can't, this is plenty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks