What's new

Young Frankenstein OOP? (1 Viewer)

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JK
Did I miss something? Amazon & DVD Empire both have Young Frankenstein as not available. I know they just put out the MB set but I assumed YF would still be available on it's own. Anyone?

Shawn Cornwell

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info; I was wondering what had happened to Frank. Ah, sweet mystery of life at last I've found you (on September 5th).

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That's awesome news, Dave. I'm glad some classics (read: anything not Star Wars) are getting the treatment they deserve.

I have the non-anamorphic but will gladly double-dip on this one.

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JK
Great news. The anamorphic/non-anamorphic YF fiasco and the old version of Blazing Saddles put me off of the Mel Brooks Box set so it's great to hear it's coming separate

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

That's great news. I'd love to replace my old non-anamorphic DVD. BTW, just saw this on TV the other day...still a classic!

Stephanie B

Agent
Real Name
Stephanie
i think i have the non anamorphic version its got the cover art shown in that link dave posted

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Nowhere on that Amazon listing does it list "enhanced for 16:9." In fact, this release appears identical to the earlier release (which I've had for well over five years). Hopefully it's a mistake on Amazon's part...

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

If not, no sale for me. That just seems so ridiculous to put out the same non-anamorphic title.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
It's so hard to watch my VHS of this. But I've waited and waited for a anamorphic version. Great news!

Comments on amazon.com say the MB films in that set are not anamorphic?! YF is the older version...Blazin Saddles is the old (not 30th ann) version. Crap...I was going to buy that thing. Although other comments indicate these were "shot in full frame". Da! :D Also, no Space Balls at all (not even old one I already have).

Anyway, I'll only buy anamorphic for all of these. I guess individually for me. I'm also tired of my VHS of HotWP1. I need, need, need that one! "Our Lord Jahova has given upto you these 15..." (crash! break!) "10! 10 commandments for you all to obey!!"

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
There definitely IS a new anamprphic version floating out there as many people who bought the box set got it. See here...
http://hometheaterforum.com/htf/show...ght=mel+brooks I doubt they would just sneak the old version in again. People called them on their screwup with the set.
Also, Amazon's specs are often very inaccurate.

;) Just wait to see it in a store and check.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oh, I see. I almost always buy from DDD. They only list as "widescreen". I'd never ask them what's in the set. Those guys are retarded. :D

I think I'll just buy each separate to make sure I'm getting the best.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Yep. Individually is the way to go IMHO as a big percentage, maybe 1/3 to a 1/2 who bought the box got the old YF discs mixed in (supposedly) by mistake.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
So this streets tuesday? Any early sightings? I would like to see a pic. of the back of the case to make sure.
:)

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JK
I bought it yesterday and it does say widescreen anamorphic on the back of the case.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I looked all over for this and couldnt find it. Best Buy couldnt find a new release in the computer. Only thing i found was Men in Tights. Guess i will have to go the Amazon route.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Same here. No luck at all, but they had Robin Hood: MIT out the wazoo...what gives?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks