What's new

Young Frankenstein 40th Anniversary (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Russell G said:
I got that Brooks set on Blu too, so no need for this one unless it's a massive improvement.
Same here. No need for an upgrade unless the difference between the two are very noticeable.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Though I have no information to the contrary, I would highly doubt that
this a brand-new transfer.

Even if it was, how much better could it actually look?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
YoungFrankensteinBDBoxArt.jpg
40 Years Later, Mel Brooks’ Favorite Creation Comes to Life with a One-of-a-kind Anniversary Blu-ray™ September 9 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment​
40 Lucky Fans Have a Chance to Win a Rare Autographed Set Photo from Mel Brooks!
LOS ANGELES, CA (August 14, 2014) – The scariest comedy of all time gets resurrected as Young Frankenstein: 40th Anniversary arrives on Blu-ray September 9 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Comedy icons Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Cloris Leachman, Marty Feldman, Teri Garr and Madeline Kahn star in Mel Brooks’ brilliantly outrageous riff on Mary Shelley’s classic story of Frankenstein. After inheriting his grandfather’s castle in Transylvania, young Dr. Frankenstein (Wilder) follows in his ancestor’s freaky footsteps as he sets out to reanimate a dead body in Brooks’ “funniest, most cohesive comedy to date.” (The New York Times)
Young Frankenstein was nominated for two Academy Awards* and two Golden Globe Awards**. More than 40 years later, the film has stood the test of time, ranking at lucky number 13 on the American Film Institute’s list of the top 100 funniest films.
In celebration of the 40th anniversary, fans of Young Frankenstein can also enter themselves for a chance to win an autographed set photo from the man himself, Mel Brooks! Beginning on September 1, fans can go to www.YoungFrankSweeps.com for all the rules and a chance to win.
* Best Sound, Richard Portman and Gene Cantamessa, 1975; Best Writing/Adapted Screenplay, Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, 1975.
**Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical Comedy, Cloris Leachman, 1975; Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture, Madeline Kahn, 1975.
Blu-ray and DVD Special Features [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] Commentary by Mel Brooks [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] Interviews with Marty Feldman, Gene Wilder and Cloris Leachman [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] “Inside the Lab: Secret Formulas to the Making of Young Frankenstein” featurette [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] Blucher Button [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] “It’s Alive: Creating a Monster Classic” featurette [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] “Making FrankenSense of Young Frankenstein” featurette [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] “Transylvanian Lullaby: The Music of John Norris” featurette [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] Deleted Scenes and Outtakes [SIZE= 10px]●[/SIZE] Production Photo Galleries and More! Young Frankenstein 40th Anniversary Blu-ray Street Date: September 9, 2014 Prebook Date: August 6, 2014 Screen Format: Widescreen 2.35:1 Audio: English, Spanish, French DTS-HD-MA 5.1 Subtitles: English / Spanish Total Run Time: 106 minutes U.S. Rating PG Closed Captioned: Yes

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The Amazon page has it as 1.85:1.
Amazon UK still has the wrong ratio of 2:35. Brooks & co. took so much trouble to get the picture & sound so right for a 30's horror film, there was no way that they'd shoot it in 'scope.

P

Patrick Donahue

I hate it that Fox keeps advertising YF in color - it makes Peter Boyle look like one of those Avatar thingies

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What is new to this Anniversary release that isn't on the present one?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Ronald Epstein said:
What is new to this Anniversary release that isn't on the present one?
Here's what's on the Mel Brooks Collection version:

- A commentary track with director Mel Brooks.
- Inside the Lab: Secret Formulas in the Making of 'Young Frankenstein'
- A series of seven deleted scenes (480p, 16:27).
- It's Alive! Creating a Monster Classic (1080i, 31:16)
- Making FrankenSense of Young Frankenstein (480p, 41:52)
- Transylvanian Lullaby: The Music of John Morris (1080i, 10:29)
- The Franken~Track: A Monstrous Conglomeration of Trivia
- Blücher Button
- A series of outtakes (480p, 5:01)
- Isolated score, presented in lossless DTS 5.1.
- Mexican Interviews
- A series of production photographs (480p, 36:15),
- A series of TV spots (480p, 3:21),
- Five trailers (480p, 7:07)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Without an A/B comparison in front of me other than having to revert
back to the original post, it looks to be the same extras right down to
the Blücher button.

Am I correct on this?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Ronald Epstein said:
the Blücher button.

Am I correct on this?
The new one doesn't mention the "Franken-track" or isolated score.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did request a review copy so I could do an A/B comparison with the older release contained in The Mel Brooks Collection. Nothing in the bonus feature list above looks new.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Ronald Epstein said:
the Blücher button.

Am I correct on this?
Checked both as thoroughly as I could. Aside from a few slightly different descriptions, it appears that everything is the same.

I'd be very surprised if the new version doesn't have the "Franken-track" or isolated score.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I love this film, but see no reason to double dip on this one.

"Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?"

"Abby someone."

"Abby someone. Abby who?"

"Abby... Normal."

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
IGOR: "You know, I'll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him... the things he'd say to me".

DR FREDERICK FRANKENSTEIN: "What did he say?"

IGOR: "What the hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks