What's new

You Won't Believe This One - Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Well here's one that hasn't happened to me before. I turn on my Pioneer Elite Pro-710 and kick back to watch a good DVD and notice there is a dark spot on the upper right corner of my T.V.
Upon close inspection I find out that a moth has gotten on the back of the inside screen. I was hoping it was on the back of the outer protective screen but it's on the inside. Has anyone had this happen to them or do you know how I can remove it. I took off the outside protective screen and lightly tapped the screen but the moth won't move. I'm not sure if it is still alive or not. I know this sounds like a joke but unfortunately it's not.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I hate to have a serviceman come out for this problem. Also do you know if I wait a couple of days for it to go away and it doesn't move is there a possibility of screen burn-in? I don't see how but I thought that I would ask anyway.
Thanks for the replies and advice.

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a similar problem with my old Elite Pro-96, as of last week. Dark smudge of unknown nature between the layers of the Fresnel lens, inaccessible from either the front or back sides of the screen.
frown.gif
Got a service call scheduled for Thursday -- we'll see what's involved in cleaning things up!

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Update. I turned the T.V. on this morning and no moth on the screen however upon close inspection there is a small line in the middle of the screen and a black dot on the upper right corner. It is still behind the inner screen. If the moth has left some residue or whatever it is on the mirror or on the tubes could it do any damage until I can get someone to come out to look at the T.V. if I use it in the meantime?
It would probably take a couple of days to get someone to come out to look at it & I would like to use the T.V. in the meantime. Thanks for the help on this. Sometimes life is unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks