What's new

You want Pink Floyd's "The Wall" on 5.1 SACD? It's going to happen (1 Viewer)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Funny comment to make considering it's a SACD announcement. At least the Blu Ray of the movie is being produced.

Look forward to the SACD when it is released.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
I'm just saying they ought to do both like they did with WYWH and DSOTM.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
I bought the Immersion sets of both DSotM and WYWH, but I'm seriously considering taking a pass on THE WALL. If it had the 5.1 Blu-ray, it would be a no-brainer, but if I'm just going to be buying the SACD (or maybe a separate BD) later, I should probably wait. - Mark

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
I'm sorry, but the issue with the master tapes appears to be a problem I doubt will be overcome.. I can't conceive of the idea of them "baking the tapes"> I doubt anyone will have the guts to try this. Perhaps that is a major reason why many albums have not been converted to 5.1. As far as the attitude toward Blu-ray is concerned, Steven Wilson did the 5.1 mix of his newest solo album on Blu-ray in DTS Master Audio. I believe it is very viable for 5.1 music mixes.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I mentioned this in the Immersion/WYWH SACD thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/30#post_3869115

OK, I said screw it and just ordered my copy. There is indeed only 10K copies being pressed and they are indeed up to 6K right now. I ended up speaking to an employee there for a few minutes and they are so stoked about this title. Apparently, it's cased in a book-like edition, so it's really nice. She also mentioned that she had been receiving TONS of e-mails from people requesting Acoustic Sounds to work on "The Wall" in surround next. She said she told Chad Kassem this and he raised his eyebrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks