What's new

You thought your neighbors were bad? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Now that is just hilarious! I'm still laughing from it! :D
He is quite the handyman! :) But I must say that the man-made waterfall takes the cake.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I see these kind of houses all the time. In fact, it sort of reminds me of my father-in-law and some of his projects around the house (he calls them "Tucson crude", meaning, they work, but don't look good). He's not loud, though.

/Mike

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have one for you.

We live in a ground floor flat (condo) in the middle of San Francisco in a neighborhood commonly known as Haight Ashbury.

Maybe you heard of it, lotsa people have....but not the idiot who lives above us.

Why does she move to Haight Ashbury?

So she can have peace and quiet to write a book.

Only Manhattan has a higher population density than San Francisco. Many nice quiet burbs around.....buuuutttt nooooo!

She is like the morons who move next to an airport and complain about the sound.

Even after spending $1000s for heavily soundproofing our ceilings she bitches AND THEN SHE HAS THE NERVE TO ASK ME TO HELP HER FIX HER CAR AND OTHER THINGS!

I had daydreams when putting up the ceiling that one of the nails from the nailgun would hit a void and go up her ass

I would then smile....I love that dream

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
My neighbors are pretty tame. I do have one though, that lives below me that's a bit odd. Every few days she comes up to my apartment and asks to use my phone. . she's already lived here for about 6 months. I suppose she doesn't plan on ever getting her own phone? I keep telling her no and she keeps coming back. . . :rolleyes

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I will never be upset with my neighbors ever again.

Who the hell am I kidding... yes I will. But man do I ever feel for this guy.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, I was expecting a much worse story. His neighbours are stupid, dumb, inconsiderate, yes. But are they "bad"? THey don't appear to have threatened him. They comply with the law when told to do so. They haven't been abusive to him or his family. Yes, they're incredibly dumb. But they could be much much worse.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree with BrianB. They seem rather dumb, but otherwise they come off as decent neighbors. But that guy should STOP all home improvement projects NOW, that mailbox and the "waterfall" are hideous. :)
I like the flagpole though, when we get a flagpole I want it to be high like that.
/Mike

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I like the flagpole though, when we get a flagpole I want it to be high like that.
I have nothing against flagpoles, but that one belongs in front of a school building, not a single family home. It's TOO tall. Did you see the pics of the guy changing the flag? He had both flags lying on the ground, and he hung the flag upside down!

KJP

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
You wouldn't feel that way if you actually had them as your neighbors.
I've had people much much worse than that.

I'm NOT saying these guys wouldn't be pains to live beside - it's just the title & initial post make it sound like they're the worst neighbours ever. They're not. Not even close.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Oh my...

And I thought I was going to have something to beat whatever was on that page. I don't have any police-calling level problems with my neighbors, but I'm starting to get perturbed.

I live in an apartment building with four units. One across the (outdoor) hall, one upstairs from me and a fourth upstairs from the neighbor. The across-the-hall neighbor spends almost all her time at home sitting in the area outside both our apartments. She has three chairs and a table with an ashtray out there at ALL times. You can tell when she's out there by the constant phlegmy roar of smoker's cough.

When the neighbor directly upstairs from me is home, he will often come out and have conversations with the lady across the hall which consist of every last grammatical structure in the English language being amended to include "f#*kin'" or "motherf#*ker." This will often continue until 2am (or later!). Sometimes, there are four people outside the apartment when I come home. Thankfully, there has only been one altercation which required police assistance, and they called the police themselves!

The other upstair neighbors just moved in, and unfortunately, they seem to be of the same drink, smoke and party persuasion.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I think these people are bad but my neighbors down the street beat them.I got a guy down the sidestreet from us that has had 3 drug raids on his house, and is breaking the 6 dogs to a yard law because he has 16 pitbulls in his backyard and whats worse is that everytime you pass his house it smells like dog shit because of all the dogs in the backyard .

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
KeithR, sorry to hear about your neighbour... That's the sort of guy that to me consititutes a "Bad Neighbour" like I mentioned earlier in the thread :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks