What's new

You thought REAL crying babies in the theater were bad? (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Stories like these (especially David's! I feel for you, man) are what strenghten my resolve to take my house's guest room and turn it into a dedicated HT room. It's buh-bye theaters the day it's completed.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I only go to the movies for certain big ones. This year ive seen Spidey and AOTC. Spidey the crowd was good with no babies crying. AOTC was good also. The little girl next to be started tapping her feet but her mom told her to stop.

The first time I saw TPM ,my family wanted to go so my brother, my mom and aunt and I got there early to get seats since it was the first showing at that theater. It was a night before release preview. There was even a Fox rep there to make sure no one was sneaking in. We see this lady carry a young kid in. Couldnt be a few months old. Not even past the opening credits and the baby starts crying. The lady wouldnt take the kid out and everyone was telling her to bring the kid outside. She refused All of a sudden the fox rep walks up to her and tells her to take the baby outside. She never came back in with the baby.

Capt

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
I recall a friend of mine saying one of her kids had to lug around a doll similar to that one for the type of project you mention
Yep. Several years ago when I was a senior in High School, the girls had to lug a baby around for some sort of "guidance" or "sex education" thing. The babies would need you to turn a key, when the baby cried. This would simulate feeding the baby, or giving it attention, so it can shut up. Also, there is a microchip in the baby that tracks the "parents" performance. Such as the time it takes you to turn the key, were you gentle with it?(not dropping it or shaking it), and were you unresponsive to the baby.
These babies were beyond annoyingThe babies would constantly go off in class, and everywhere else in the building. They even had to take them home, and care for them there! Some cared for them like a real parent. Others, usually ditched them and turned them in when the time came.
The best part I thought, was my friends messing with the babies. They would lightly hit the babies head on the desks, and play catch with them(always dropping them). Amusingly, a couple kids in my class tried to flush one down the toilet. The baby started crying , but it slowed down and supposedly made some pretty funny noises as the circuits fried. :laugh:
As for a tool for sex education, one of the girls who did very well with the babies, gave birth to a child before leaving high school.

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Thank you, Howard Williams!
Do you want to hear about my FIRST viewing of Jason X?
I went to see it on Saturday (the day after the opening day), and the theater sold out! It was the 5 'o clock showing. There were 300 people in there, and about 20 people couldn't find any seats so they were standing on the stairs. They eventually left the theater, because they got tired of standing.
During the trailers, everyone started talking to one another, about they had done the day before, and what they had eaten. After the trailers were over, I was hoping that they would be quiet, but can you get 300 people silent? I don't think so. As soon as the movie started, cell phones started to go off, and everyone started to get annoyed. A man to the left of me, was shouting "Shut the fuck up" to a man across the entire theater that kept shouting "This movie is going to suck".
This fighting kept on going back and fourth, never ending. Their family members started to get into it also. Soon, everyone was shouting and screaming at each other. The whole theater was so noisy at this point.
I had this little boy sitting next to me that was so terrified by Jason, that he couldn't stop talking, because he was so scared! He kept on screaming, and covering his eyes and ears. He had this candy wrapper that was making god-awful noises and he couldn't get it open. I realized about half way into the movie, that I should open it for him, so that he would stop making noise with it, but I decided to back away, when his family (who was sitting behind me the whole time, and I didn't even know it) brought out 4 bags of chips! :angry: They soon started passing these four bags to their family members and this little boy. They kept on CRUNCHING on them as loud as humanly possible! CRUNCH! CRUNCH! CRUNCH! "Oh no! I can't watch this" CRUNCH! CRUNCH!
Can you imagine??? It was terrible. The little boy was still trying to open that stupid candy, but never opened it, because his hands were too small.
Just then, when I thought that things couldn't get any worse, a baby that was sitting in front of us (who I didn't even realize was there because he hadn't made a sound) shit in his diapers! The parents smelled it, but didn't do a damn thing about it. The smell got worse and worse, and no one said anything. I was literally covering my nose through the entire movie, until I left.
There was also a TON of people that brought in NOISY wrapped up candy, and their wrappers were making a *TON* of noise, REALLY REALLY loud! I couldn't even hear the dialogue of the movie. Why do people make so much noise when they go to the theater??? Can't they shut up for ONE HOUR?
Throughout the entire movie, people kept on using their "laser pens" and putting them towards the screen. It was very distracting seeing about 10-15 red dots on the screen at all times. They would move them around and around the screen, and everyone was yelling at the people doing it, but since no one actually knew who was doing it, they couldn't get them to stop! :angry:
No one ever shut up, during the movie. There was not a single moment of silence through those 93 minutes that the movie lasted.
Needless to say, I had the worst time of my entire life, well up until the SECOND time I saw the movie (which I told you about in my previous post).
I SWEAR THAT I AM NEVER GOING TO THE THEATER AGAIN! I tell myself that all the time, but I still go, hoping that I will be the only one there, but I am never that lucky. One thing that I can honestly say is:
I FUCKING LOVE HOME THEATER! :D :D :D ;) :)

David Ruiz

Second Unit
There have been LOTS of times when I have gone to the theater, and it was a very pleasant experience. Not all of my theater-going experiences were bad. For example:
The Mummy Excellent experience both times I saw it.
The Mummy Returns Again, saw it twice, and both times were great.
Joy Ride The best theater experience I've ever had. Everyone was extremely quiet and considerate of others. The movie was at the perfect sound level also. Not too loud, and not too low.
Halloween H20 Perfect theater-going experience as well.
The Mothman Prophecies Again, a very pleasant theater-going experience. And this was very shocking, since the showing was completely sold out, but everyone was very nice, and no cell phones went off.
However, as stated earlier, I have had my share of bad apples.
The Others Was probably the worst theater experience I have ever had in my entire life...Even worse than the pregnant lady story!
Jeepers Creepers Absolutely no one made a sound in the theater during this movie, but the cooler in the theater was broken, and it was making this "metal hitting against metal" sound during the entire movie. It was VERY loud (the metal sound) and it was very hard to hear the movie. I could not concentrate at all on it, and I didn't enjoy it!
Soul Survivors While I admit that this movie is probably one of the worst movies of all time, and again, absolutely NO ONE made a sound during this movie, Jurassic Park: 3 was playing in the very next room, and needless to say, it had very strong bass that was very overwhelming in the room that I was in. You could clearly hear the bass (from Jurassic Park) and could not hear "Soul Survivors" because of it. Hmmm...Come to think of it, maybe that's why no one was making a sound, because they were too busying trying to hear the dialog of the movie, but couldn't! Plus it didn't help any, that they had "Soul Survivors" on WAY too low! Even at home, I never watch movies this low!

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
You're hilarious, David. You must be the most unluckiest man when going to the theater. If you have more stories like that, please don't keep them from us. :)

StephenA

Screenwriter
This thread makes me think of the time when I was like 3 or 4 and I was at the resteraunt with my dad. I was being a brat that day and was acting up terribly. The last straw was when I threw a plate at the resteraunt. That really pissed my dad off, so he took me to the car, put me in the car seat, and went back into the resteraunt and ate. The car I was in was right next to the window he sat at, so he was watching me the whole time he ate, while I sat in the car hungry, upset, and bratty.

I never really had a problem during a movie. I guess people near me are just polite during the movie. Did have a few come in late during movies I saw though, which is a little aggrevating sometimes. When I saw Lord of the Rings though, right after it ended, and we all filed in the isle to leave, some little punkass bitch punched me in the back. I turned around to see what the hell his problem was, and all I saw was him running away through the crowd. I guess he didn't want to mess with a 6 foot tall 3oo pound guy. Some kid did say to him that he was a jerk and that what he did wasn't nice while I was turning around.

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
Jeez Louise, I was gonna get on here and gripe like the rest of you, but DAMN, I can't top ANY of these stories!
StephenA was assulted! God! :angry:
And to think I was gonna whine about cell phones and talkers!

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Justin S:

David, what happened at that showing of THE OTHERS?
Which was a major spoiler for me, since I didn't hear anything that was being said before it (or after it).

It was a truly HORRIFYING experience! As soon as the movie was over, we complained to the manager, and they gave us 2 free tickets to see it again, on another night, when there might not be so many people. Needless to say, I never went to see it again, for the fear that I might have the same experience again.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Of all the causes that are championed here, this one has got to rank up at the top. Sign some petitions or something to get the theater owners to crack down on this nonsense.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Two four-year old kids kicking their booster seats and talking throughout AOTC got my blood boiling.
The parents did NOTHING.
about 20 minutes of this I yelled "Time to take the kids to the lobby"
This woman had the nerve to tell me she paid the same money I did for my tickets. What the hell does that have to do with anything???!!!
To make a long story short, the kids kept talking and kicking but the parents were nice enough to SHOOSH them with every breath in their body. :angry: :angry: :angry:

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I feel blessed that when I saw THE OTHERS my initial dread at seeing teens fill the audience turned to admiration, because they at least got into the film quickly and were actually scared sounding throughout, in a good natured laughing way. Now I realize it was something of a miracle, my experience. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
david it would not have taken all that for me to go out of the theater and demand my money back.

at the very least you would have been given passes to come back another time.

i know it is a pain to have to come back again but soemtimes you just can't fight the idiots who come in the theater.

the latest thing i have noticed that annoys me is someone sitting behind me tapping their foot on the floor. not on the chair, but on the floor.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Too bad we can't create theaters for just people like us. If you're an idiot, can't control your children, are an annoying teen, a crazy child, a smelly and/or noisy person, you aren't allowed in. No annowing snack packages allowed either. And we'd have a sign quoting Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump: "get down, SHUT UP!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks