What's new

You think your good at finding deals? Bring it on! (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I know... if it were me I would save up more money and buy better quality stuff, but it is not my money and he is very adamant about only spending this much money and ASAP, because he is getting married and the wife said that she would not allow him to buy any electronics after the marriage, ha ha.
(He already has a DVD player and TV so those are out of the loop with the money.)
So, help me out. what is the best price (online or national chains) for a
*tuner receiver
*5 Disc CD Changer
*All Speakers (Center, FR, FL, BL, BR, and powered sub)
OK you smart cheep people!! How good do you think you are at finding deals? I personally don't know if you can decent quality equipment for the price of $1500 for the equipment needed. Prove me wrong!
------------------
In Him,
GH
My Home
Theater

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Ok ok.
Should I tell him about the one system boxes? Sony, Kenwood?
Or should he go with each of them separately?
Thanks for all your help and assistance!
------------------
In Him,
GH
My Home
Theater

Shade Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Look over at the High-End room at www.ubid.com
Some auctions ending today:
Newcastle R956 (NEW) $469
Harman Kardon AVR510 (REFURBISHED) $429
Harman Kardon AVR310 (REFURBISHED) $329
Pioneer Elite VSX33TX (REFURBISHED) $329

JohanK

Second Unit
Pawn shops...I've found my Vel F1500, Polk RTA8s, Technics tuner and my Adcom CD changer traversing among the vermin that inhabit these places
wink.gif
. You have to look around but there are hidden gems for good prices.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed
[Edited last by JohanK on August 26, 2001 at 10:46 PM]

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
"...said she would not allow him to buy any electronics after the marriage." She would not ALLOW?
My best advice: reconsider the marriage. Marriage is not about gaining a dictator or dominant, it's about partnering.
This is no way to begin a good marriage, IMHO. Think about what lies ahead here.
------------------
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"
[Edited last by Hank Frankenberg on August 27, 2001 at 06:31 AM]

ToddS

Stunt Coordinator
I agree strongly with Hank. If this woman is already telling him what he can and cannot do with his own money it is only going to get worse once she has a ring. Does she want to be his wife or his mother. I think you should sit him down and bring this up with him because it won't stop at electronics next it will be no new golf clubs, guns, car parts, or insert any hobby items your friend wants to buy. Its one thing if they can't afford things but if they can and she just wants the money to buy new doilies or other various knick-knacks then thats another. One thing I can't stress enough is marriage is not about control.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Okay. How's this:
Onkyo TX-DS494 - $300 (shipping included - jandr.com)
Technics PD-5 CD player - $100 (not the cheapest not the most expensive either but a decent player for the price)
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 package w/HSU VTF-2 sub - $1,100
IMO, that is pretty much the best out there for what you need at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks