You think we will ever see Bosom Buddies on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mikel_Cooperman, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I know there's demand out there for it but you never hear anything about the possibility of it being released.
    Any other fans out there? Does anyone know of any petitions out there to get the series released or who we would contact to express our interest?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Paramount mentioned at the 2003 TV-DVD conference that it was in-the-works. It has never been mentioned again. We don't know what the story is with that, sorry.

3. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

I would suspect that they might be having problems clearing the theme song, Billy Joel's "My Life". That song has run into enough rights problems that it's often replaced in syndication.

4. Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I think Hanks and Solari could put together some fairly bizarre and amusing commentary tracks together for this. I'm always pleased to see Peter show up in Tom's films - they still have good chemistry together. And Holland Taylor would be an absolute must-have ... :>

5. Jerry R Colvin

Jerry R Colvin Stunt Coordinator

It was written by Billy Joel, but the version that was the theme to the show was not sung by Billy Joel. So it should be less of a "hassle" to get rights to it.

(Only longtime heavy duty Billy Joel fans will know what that "hassle" pun refers to... ha)

6. Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I thought the original network run actually had Billy Joel singing the theme song. Of course, I've seen some syndication prints that have an entirely different theme song ...

I would buy this, no hesitation. After all these years, this show is still funny.

Now, how about My Two Dads? Another show with a silly premise that was generally a lot of fun.

7. Jeff(R)

Jeff(R) Second Unit

Yes - freaked me out when I saw and heard that.