You stocks and recent business scandals

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thik Nongyow, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Thik Nongyow

Thik Nongyow Stunt Coordinator

Since many people on this forum are aware of the recent business scandals in the United States, for those of you who own stocks, what are your concerns?

2. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

I worked for a company in Minnesota that was so laughably mismanaged, the exalted leader signed off on $5M in sales contracts that turned out to have been faked by his VP of sales! The CEO must have been so distracted by his new yacht purchase that he never bothered to verify that his new multi-million dollar "clients" were, in fact, real. [​IMG]
    The stock price is now around 30 cents thanks to his stellar leadership and--amazingly--the dumbass still has his job and the "full faith and support" of the board of directors. These bobos are convinced it's not his fault--it's simply market conditions weighing on the company's fortunes.
    That, in part, is why our stock market is in the toilet.

3. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

My greatest hope is that history does not repeat itself.

4. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

amen gordon

5. Alan Benson

Alan Benson Stunt Coordinator

Pulled my 401k out of stocks Thursday, and into mortgages... Two years of hanging tough and losing is enough.

6. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I've got a little bit tied up in my company stock (which has been pretty well damaged over the past year). However, I believe that the stock will get back to a reasonable value that will make it above the zero line. I'm patient and I can afford to wait.

However, I don't think I'll be buying much more anytime soon.