What's new

You Purchase Music!!? (Just Kidding, guys!) So, what did you get week of 7-12 April? (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
Since my last post I bought Joe Pass MY SONG (1992, part of my growing jazz guitar collection), YOUNG HAWAII PLAYS OLD HAWAII, and FANTASIA ON GREENFIELDS.

The Hawaiian music is really sweet, a 1972 or so recording. The FANTASIA album disk is a 2 disk release from London Records, with the Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields orchestra performing Vaughan Williams, Delius, etc. Had just enjoyed a live performance of "The Lark Ascending" a few weeks earlier, and decided I wanted more of that type of music in the house.

PS Think Al BC's thread was really interesting, but it could turn into one of those 350 page Eternal Buffytastic type thread marathons, which results in almost no one reading the earlier posts.
:)

TomCW

Second Unit
Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears
Alison Krauss+Union Station - Live (SACD)
Tom
NP Big Blue Hearts

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I think people are continuing to report new purchases in Al's thread. I did so the other day. Anyway, I found the following two used CDs yesterday:

* Mr. Mister Welcome to the Real World: I found a Japanese first pressing back from 1985. This album has both "Kyrie" and "Broken Wings"! :)

* Falco Falco: This is a rare West German pressing from 1984 on the TELDEC and GIG RECORDS labels. The disc was pressed in West Germany for release in West Germany. All the songs are in German, and they all stem from two of Falco's early albums (before the hit "Rock Me Amadeus"). It's a great disc. The highlight is the original version of "Der Kommissar", which again, is in German. So, this version came before After The Fire did the famous rendition in English. Someone I know on Steve Hoffman's web site who lives in Germany told me the disc is rare. I found it in mint condition for $7! :)

Trina

Agent
I didn't buy much this week, but extremely enjoyable additions to my collection.

DVD

Albert Lee's Country Legend

CD
Danny Gatton- 88 Elmira St.

Hoping for the new Fleetwood Mac DVD-A Tuesday.

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew Hill - Judgement, Smokestack
Ike Quebec - It Might As Well Be Spring
Donald Byrd - At The Half Note Cafe
Floyd Dixon - Complete Aladdin Recordings
Muddy Waters - Complete Plantation Recordings
Kenny Dorham - Matador
Duke Ellington - Money Jungle

SACD
Muddy Waters - Folk Singer

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steven, how do you like the Muddy Waters SACD? I have read mixed reviews of it, though I have read mixed reviews of many Universal SACDs and like all the ones I have bought. Do you have the DAD and/or MFSL gold CD for comparison? I'm especially curious as to how the SACD compares to the DAD, though I don't have the DAD (or the MFSL CD).

John Watson

Screenwriter
Lucinda Williams is definitely going on my to-get list, I heard "Over Time" on the radio a few days ago.

Trina, is that Albert Lee of Hogan's Heroes?

I saw him once in the Everly Brothers tour band

I still have a vinyl somewhere, "Hiding" I think it was called.

PS - I once owned 88 Elmira, but really only cared for the song "In My Room", and eventually sold it off

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,

The Muddy Waters SACD sounds great to me, but I have nothing to compare it to. The only other Muddy I have is the complete plantation recordings which sound, at times, worse than am radio.

Tony Casler

Agent
I bought the new Godsmack CD, Faceless. I would really like to see some more rock/metal on DVD-A/SACD, my collection has stalled after only six discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks