What's new

You never give me your money... (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
You never give me your money, you just file di-vorce papers

And in the middle of depositions, I break down...

*Ba-boom. Bada boom boom*

Boy, you're gonna carry that girl!

Carry that girl a long time...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

So he got "used" to a certain level of sex from her. Does that mean she has to show up and shag him once a month because it wouldn't be fair to go from having regular sex to nothing. Maybe she can throw him one when she collects her check.

Regards,

Joe

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Exactly! Women often do very well in these settlements because of what they are "accostomed to" in the marraige. I think it is the only institution in the world where the dissolution mandates a partner gets to hold onto what they are "accostomed to" at the expense of the other. But what about what the man is "accostomed to?"

To quote Chris Rock "She can have the alimony, but I better be getting some pussy payments"

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
You take away someone's money, they might not be able to have food, shelter, safety, or be able to get back to their feet.

You take away someone's sex and they get horny, angry.

Not exactly the same thing ;)

Sorry guys, it's the nature of the game. Women have to worry about getting pregnant whereas the guy can always skip out on that part, men have to worry about a girl taking half their sh*t if it doesn't work out. It evens the odds better than we think. We want their sex, they want our money/security. When it doesn't work out, we can't give them the sex back, so they don't want to give the money back.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
No, the comparison is, the woman wants/gets half the money from the man (after the divorce), so why can't the guy also want/get half the sex from the woman?

The money/sex comparison is not fair.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Try non-sequiter world. :)

Pregnancy and child support have nothing at all to do with marriage, divorce, alimony or community property. Women get pregant all the time outside of marriage. In fact, the women Joe Szott's example ]must be getting pregnant outside of marriage since married men can't simply walk away from women they impregnate. (In which case, may I suggest the radical notion of "no intercourse if you aren't both prepared to have a kid"?)

So this "example" and "argument" does not connect with reality at any two points.

Even with marriage and divorce, issues involving the children and their support are treated separately from those involving community property, spousal support and other issues only affecting the parents.

Current divorce law and practice date from a time when divorce was difficult to attain and rare, and when women were not expected to earn their own livings if married. The typical marriage was being dissolved after decades, not a few years, and work outside the home was not an option for an older, unskilled woman. Today's divorces often involve 20 to 40 something childless professionals who've lived together for a year or two and been married for maybe two or three years after that. Why one of these people should be entitled to half the property and a big chunk of the future earnings of another based on which of them has a "Y" chromosome is one of the great mysteries of the 21st century. :)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I can't remember the comedian who said, ""I'm never getting married. I'm just going to find a woman who hates me already and buy her a house."

That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. :)

Regards,

Joe

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
^^ LOL

What about: "We've been happily married for 5 years!.....we've been married for 30, but happily for 5." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks