What's new

You might have seen this idiocy (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
or maybe not. Improve your CD's and other spinnable things (it didn't say anything about vinyl though!) by placing this on top of your player.

Read more about it here and of course you can buy it at your friendly audiogon where they sell all kinds of crap along with good stuff. Like going to your local pharmacy you know.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I saw this thing the other day and kept wondering how in the world it would affect a CD or other audio software medium if the thing wasn't plugged in anywhere, just laying on top of the player!!!!! I think it may be the "placebo" factor in that the gullible would actually "think" they hear an improvement and then delude themselves into thinking it did something. Strange. If this isn't consumer fraud I don't know what is.:angry:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Quite amazing that it doesn't mention a single detail as to HOW this improvement is made...

I think their instructions are wrong, you just need to stick this thing in your ear and everything will sound better.

Lev-S

Second Unit
I bought one of these chips and let me tell you folks: NIGHT AND DAY! The sound on my Bose 3-2-1 system was so much FULLER and RICHER, with CLARITY and SMOOTHNESS. Paired with my Monster THX certified cables (what a difference already!) and the price that they are selling, its a veritable bargain! :D

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i've seen this thing before. the great thing about it from the companies stand point is that it only costs $16.00 or so. i'm sure there are hundreds of audiofiles out there that would plunk down $16.00 just to test this product out. and i imagine that's exactly what this company is banking on. they'll make a profit off of people just trying it out to see (or hear as it may be). check out some of the threads on audio asylum. some people there swear it makes a difference. i'm not wasting my $16.00, but if somebody wants to buy me one, i'll try it out. ;)

kevin t

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
But, the $16 dollar version will only upgrade 10 discs! The $40 dollar version is a much better deal-- it will work on 30 discs ;)

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
I read about this before from a link on James Randi's website (randi.org). According to the manufacturer's literature, the device is smart enough to remember the discs it has already "specially treated", so that it doesn't "waste" one of your 10 uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks