What's new

You know you're lazy when....... (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
You don't bother setting your clocks forward and eventually they tell the correct time anyways. Anyone else like this? I know I've done it before. Matt

Jeff Hoak

Stunt Coordinator
I have a clock on the wall in my home office that is such a SUPREME pain in the rear to set that 6 month of the year it's wrong and 6 months it's right.

As of Sunday morning it's now back to being right.

Well sort of right... I just noticed that it's about 10 minutes slow. Oh well... Looks like I have to crack that sucker open anyway

Where's that power screwdriver???

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
A guy at the train station just wears a different watch every six months. Thought that was pretty clever.

Thankfully all of my computers now synchronize their time from the network, so it's not nearly the problem it used to be to update all of my clocks.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I wish more clocks would get their time from the radio signals that are broadcast most everywhere, or the Internet, or some other device. I hate having to reset my clocks... and yes, I've postponed changing to daylight time on clocks so long that standard time eventually comes back and I don't have to do it. :D

My computers also synchronize over the Internet. My cellular phones updated this year via a signal sent from AT&T Wireless. It's about time they put that in place. My watch has a daylight time function so I just hit a single button and it advanced the hour for me and lit up a nice little "dst" icon.

I still have some clocks to change: Alarm clocks that don't auto-update. My VCR, which won't get changed because I'm lucky if I use it twice a year. My home automation equipment, sadly, has not yet been setup to sync itself and so I'm going to have to update that. Right now my sprinklers, lighting, fish tanks, etc, are all off by an hour.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Heck, I don't even wind my clocks or change the batteries. Twice a day they're all right...

But seriously, guys - if every clock updated itself automatically, how would any of you remember to change the batteries in your smoke (and possibly carbon monoxide) detectors? You do have smoke (and possibly carbon monoxide) detectors, don't you? And you do change their batteries twice a year, right?

As long as you have the step-ladder out you can change the time on that clock...

:)

Regards,

Joe

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I almost bought a clock once, but then I realized what an incredible pain it would be to have to set it twice a year and decided against it. :)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
You do have smoke (and possibly carbon monoxide) detectors, don't you? And you do change their batteries twice a year, right?
Yes, I have them. They are powered by electricity with a battery backup. No, I don't change the batteries twice a year: The detectors chirp when their backup batteries get low. It's enough to drive me mad, so those get replaced right away.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I almost bought a clock once, but then I realized what an incredible pain it would be to have to set it twice a year and decided against it
You must throw the best new years' parties dontcha brett ;)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The detectors chirp when their backup batteries get low.
Well, some people forget this. :) There are always a couple of news stories every year about some county animal control guy being called out to a house to find the bird that somehow became trapped in the basement or inside a wall. Naturally it turns out to be a dying battery in the smoke detector chirping away. :D

Regards,

Joe

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
During a recent trip to Alabama, we crossed into a different time zone and I had to explain to my 6-year old why the clock in our van didn't match the clocks in the restaurants. When he heard, he said, "That's stupid, why doesn't our clock just change when we cross into the new time zone, like from some signal or something...?"

BTW--I'm from Indiana so we don't change time here... all 5million of us are too lazy I guess! :) (Of course, I'm writing this from Virginia where my current assignment is, and the time change has really screwed up my travel details! :angry: )

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member

I remember the old Loveline radio show (the one that had the brief run on MTV) had a habit of categorizing callers based on whether they had a smoke detector chirping in the background. Apparently so many people would be in such an ambition deficient situation that they would become deaf to the sound. So it would chirp away and annoy the hosts to no end.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Getting back to the subject line:

"You know you're lazy when....... "

... you have 3 cartons of milk in the fridge. I haven't emptied the old ones out yet. They kinda get pushed toward the back until I have no room and have no choice but to empty and throw them out.

This can be a scary thread for me... I am supremely lazy in certain areas.

Mike D.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
The clock on the cash register just became right again here at the store. Of course, now its eight minutes fast, but when I bought the register, used, four years ago, I got no manual and only the briefest of instruction on how to program it, and now I cannot for the life of me remember or figure out how to change the time.

One place I worked at a long time ago had a clock about nine feet up on a wall, and it wasn't changed for three weeks...because the boss hadn't paid up his workplace safety insurance and didn't want any of us falling off the ladder and suing him.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
you have 3 cartons of milk in the fridge.
I'm with you Mike - :b - I'm embarrased to admit that I do that too.

I also have a few Christmas decorations that I'm too lazy to pack up and they usually stay up until next winter (when they're back in style) ;)

Back to the Clocks:
At least we get to advance the clocks an hour now, the fall SUCKS when you have to turn them back...especially the ones that:
a.) Only go forward, so you have to advance them 23 hours instead of back 1 hour. :angry:
or
b.) The clocks that have chimes every hour and you have to advance each hour and wait for the chime before you can advance it again. :angry:

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I also have a few Christmas decorations that I'm too lazy to pack up and they usually stay up until next winter
LOL! I leave my x-mas lights up all year round. Yeah, I'm one of them. But, I only have them on the front porch railing, which is white, like the lights, and EVERYONE who comes over uses my back door, so nobody notices (and you can't tell from the road when you drive by) :D

Mike D.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
You know you're lazy when...

Ah screw it, I'll think of something next week! ;)

You push the minimum to the limit.

You will not go the extra millimeter.

If you are watching TV, but the remote is across the room, and you want to change the channel, you don't get up and get the remote.

If you accidentally get mail that is supposed to go to your neighbor, you say "I'll do it tomorrow." for at least 2 weeks straight, and then you say "Oh well. I guess he will never get this!"

I have more, but I'm too lazy to post them. :D

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
You cancel your newspaper subscription because it's too much work to take them down to trash...

I haven't done this...yet.:D

Brenton

Screenwriter
Why do we have daylight savings anyway? I think it's stupid. Who cares about an hour of extra daylight. Why don't we just stay on daylight savings time all year?

We should all be like Mountain Standard Time (or whichever zone it is) that doesn't do daylight savings.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
We should all be like Mountain Standard Time (or whichever zone it is) that doesn't do daylight savings.
No entire time zone in the U.S. ignores Daylight Savings Time. A few individual states and territories, and a even a few individual cities within states do, but no whole time zones. Why these places would want to put themselves out of sync with the rest of the country for half the year is beyond me. I just know it was a giant pain in the butt when I worked at a customer service center that included Puerto Rico (which doesn't use DST) and we had to put all of our Spanish-speaking agents on 8 to 4 instead of 9 to 5 like the rest of the staff. :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks