What's new

You Know What Would be Great? A Subwoofer that Floats Around the Living Room!!! (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure we are just right around the corner from such a subwoofer. Using Lasers, vibrating air, and a few military secrets, someone could make a million dollars a week ;) . On the other hand, a 180 pound SVS would sound better and save about $900,000.

Artie

Jimi C

Screenwriter
My friends KLH was doing that last week when his basement flooded.. didnt sound too good though..

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
:confused:

Arthur? Are you "hitting the peace pipe" again?

I'm sure that there would be all kinds of room-induced standing waves and such showing up due to the fact that the woofer would not be stationary.

Therefore, the perceived size of the room (to the sub, that is) would constantly be in flux. Talk about changing the equation!!! :D

ps
Sorry to hear your friend's basement flooded. The fact that his KLH sub drowned...well, that's not all that great of a loss. ;)

Jimi C

Screenwriter

Its actually the greatest thing that ever happened to me, unfortuanatly it still works.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I think I need a long vacation in the Bermuda Triangle or some other triangle ;) .

Artie

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Acoustic levitation does most certainly work, and is quite fun to play with.

Levitating a loudspeaker with sound would indeed be a cool, and ironic trick. If only we had time to play with all the things we dream up...

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Id rather just have bass at my fingertips, Id point to someone and make them crap their pants from 2Hz tones vibrating them all the way down the the marrow in their bones.

It would be ugly , Id be a villian named "The Bass Master" and Id take over the world. ha ha ha ha ha!

mark alan

Supporting Actor

Naw, the electric cord coming out of your butt would only allow to rule about a 10 foot diameter of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks