1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

You know those dividers they use in DVD racks in stores?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by CraigF, Aug 31, 2004.

1. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    (Hope this is the place to ask...please put somewhere better if not, thanks.)

Those things with the tabs they put the DVD title on. Anybody know where I can get some? I've tried to buy some from some local stores but the people I talked to were "unauthorised" to sell any, it being "store equipment". They gotta be pretty cheap. I am tired of my own homemade cheesy dividers, besides them being kinda flimsy and poorly sized for my rack.

If I knew what these things were properly called in the merchandising/display industry I could probably find them. Preferably at a place where I don't have to buy 500 or something. Thanks.

2. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

how many do you need? did you try any of your local INDEPENDENT stores? i bet you can find a small store owner who is willing to sell, or even give you, a few, no?

3. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    That's exactly what I'm going to do later this afternoon. Small issue is there are very few indepenent video retailers around here, and I don't recall if they use the divider type I have in mind. If they do, I'm sure they'll sell me 30-50, if I can get to the owner/manager. Of course I can get some made, likely quite cheaply, but I just thought somebody here must use them already...

You'd think the makers of media storage systems would sell them, and some likely do so. My racks are Boltz, and they seem to have no interest in it, unsurprisingly since their business is steel, but I'm sure more of their customers than just me could use them and would buy if they offered them (sized to fit Boltz racks) made by a third party.

4. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I was going to suggest Bags Unlimited.

6. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Thanks, I'm still looking...I know they're out there...

Scott: I'm still going through those links, but so far, what I'm talking about hasn't shown up. Did you see them somewhere? These things are elusive, googling for them has driven me crazy several times.

Patrick: Bags Unlimited has some handy stuff, but not the dividers.

Actually, rectangles of plastic/plexiglas/etc. 6"x9"x1/8" would be good enough...I imagine a master plastic craftsman could do it [​IMG]

7. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

hmmm. if what you want isn't in one of those links, then i guess i don't really understand what you're seeking.