What's new

You know it's Spring when centipedes get into the house. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Jeez, I just killed a mother of a Centapede! I was surprised because they usually don't get THAT big this early in the season, I usually don't even see one until at least late May at the earliest, usually I get small ones, it's very rare to get one this big. I guess the mild winter we had has thrown the whole system out of whack.
I hate these damn things! The one I just killed was about an inch and a half in length, was dark brown, and ran REALLY fast! :eek: Not fast enough for my big ass can of RAID though. :D
It's fun watching them die with RAID, they sqirm all over, and they're legs fall off as the RAID siezes they're nervous system! :laugh: I know, i'm sick aren't I? :)
But, better them than waterbugs! I am absolutly petrified of them! :frowning:
Yep, it's Spring time again boys and girls, time to go medieval(sp) on they're ugly asses!

StephenA

Screenwriter
Be glad it wasn't an Amazonian centipede. Those things reach 14 inches and look real disgusting.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Ants. I get ants. Tons and tons of them.

Forget the raid, use a good long-lasting bug bomb and any time one of the little bastards even steps foot in your house it, and all its little chums, will die horribly.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
When I was young I used to sit on the ground, and with my magnifying glass, pop ants, eeeek, even beetles weren't safe from my primitive laser beam, zap zap zap, little puffs of smoke where insects used to be, I was such a nice little boy...
But spiders always scared the crap out of me, I was chased by a humongous spider when I was a kid...:D
Centipedes are creepy, but so slooow moving, even my scream of fear at seeing one is in slow motion aaaaaaarrrrgghhh (sounding like a broken down record)! Oh no that centipede is slowly coming to get me, by next week it will be in my room, heeeelp!!!
SIGNATURE PHOTO OF EVIL ANT BURNING KID REMOVED.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Centipedes are creepy, but so slooow moving, even my scream of fear at seeing one is in slow motion aaaaaaarrrrgghhh (sounding like a broken down record)! Oh no that centipede is slowly coming to get me, by next week it will be in my room, heeeelp!!!
Are you sure you're not thinking of catarpillars? Centipedes can move, man! I hate all bugs. I have a can of Raid in every room just in case.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was thinking of getting a couple of those devices I saw advertised on tv that plugs into the wall, and drives away just about every pest known to man.

Do they actually work though?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Are you sure you're not thinking of catarpillars? Centipedes can move, man!
Well it was tiny, reddish, many legs and was on the bathroom wall, but it wasnt moving much, maybe it was tired out from last night, it was definitely a centipede, no zipping up and down the wall for this little bugger, it was really taking its time.
And I still missed it when I threw my shoe at it, pathetic!:)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Do they actually work though?
I tried one and it didn't work at all. Also, we could hear it (though just barely), and after a short while we had nasty headaches. Unplugged it and gave it back to the person I'd borrowd it from (who, incidentally, said she watched spiders and other nasty critters walk right past it while it was operating without a care in the world).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks