You have to see this!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Loughridge, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Jeff Loughridge

Jeff Loughridge Stunt Coordinator

It is 10:16 PM EST. This auction has another hour to go. Check it out!!!
    http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage...tionId=6803189
    In case you missed it, it was for a refurbished Toshiba 50H81. Most bids are in the 1500 range. One bonehead actually bid $5989.00!!!!! He is the highest bidder. Duh.

2. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Is this an ebay type thing? He may have only bid that just to ensure he'd win, and never actually expected to pay $5000+

3. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Well if he never expected to pay 5 grand then I don't think he would have bid that much, after all if it is just like an Ebay thing and that is the maximum he is willing to pay...what would stop the next Joe Smoe from bidding 6,000 as his maximum? Nothing, I think the guy really bid that much. Oh well theres one born every minute.

4. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

There are so many suspicious bidding activities at UBid that I can't believe the feds haven't investigated. How they get away with it is a real puzzler. Why anybody would buy something from this outfit--considering the endless shady bids and laughable shipping prices--is beyond understanding. There are obviously a LOT of suckers out there. [​IMG]